Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How have YOUR food choices changed?

*Bunny*

I got to thinking and realized man, have my eating habits (food specific) have done a complete turn around since I first started my log. Now, I am a very picky eater but here are a few of the ways my eating habits have changed...

I have said these are things I would never/eat try

* Drinking any type of Powered/RTD Protein Shake without gagging
* I tried cottage cheese & realized it didn't take as bad as I thought
* Brown Rice is now ALL I eat (use to mix the white in to get use to it)
* Sweet Potatoes are friggin fantastic, who knew?
* Yams as well
* You mean you don't have to eat eggs, toast, & OJ, etc for breakfast? ((Pops Chicken & Sweet Tater in micro))
* Oatmeal is pretty darn good with splenda & cinnamon
EDIT
*PEANUT BUTTER !!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh if there was a devil in the jar this is it! I love this crap... first taste I wanted to gag... thought Hmm it's ok b.c then I won't crave it ... yaright ... found out that prezels tasted good in it, and add a little ice cream to it, chocolate chips even ;) ... 2 jars later ((Hurls the jar off into the lake...))

To be continued...

Now I hate fish and that is going to be a challenge but I've come pretty far in the last year ...

Ok, now YOU go ...

Last edited:
Cute thread, Bunns!

These are mine:

1) I had never eaten oatmeal before. Now it's a staple item for breakfast and I really enjoy it with splenda and pumpkin pie spice. I could even say it's a comfort food.

2) I am grossed out by even the smell of eggs (had a 'bout of salmonella when I was a child and haven't been able to look at a yolk since then without gagging), but have found these 100% liquid egg white cartons that I now buy in bulk practically. They are smell-less and taste-less to me :)

3) Who knew grilled chicken could be spiced up to taste good? I used to think it was the blandest stuff before.

4) I really like all kinds of veggies now like eggplant, zucchini, squash, brussel sprouts etc. that I used to previously turn up my nose at.

5) I never really cared for peanut butter and now 2 tbsp is my treat for the day

6) I actually stopped drinking so many damn protein shakes and substituted with more real and clean food.

7) Complex carbs aren't helluva lot different from the simple ones. I couldn't care less if I were eating brown rice vs white rice or Ezeikal bread vs. regular white bread.

8) I like having a food regime and limited choices. It gives me less to be concerned about during the week!

9) I used to eat protein bars thinking they were pretty darn clean and now I only use them when I absolutely have to.

HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THE FRIGGIN PEANUT BUTTER!?!?!?!?!?!?
*doh*

prolly a good thing ... I'm going to edit my post :D

Nice Roony... nexxxxxxxxxt?

I like taking the clean foods and twisting them into concoctions that no 'typical' person would think of.

1) Trying liquid egg whites in my kitchen Aid with splenda, and baking cocoa powder
makes a great dessert!!! AND fills me up to the max every time.
2) Cooking almonds on the stove with splenda and cinnamon.
3) Eating Natural PB right out of the jar... and still learning how to not eat the whole
thing. I wonder how splenda would taste being mixed in with natural PB??
HMMmmmm
4) Eating chicken for breakfast and not minding it as long as it is drowned in hot
sauce.
5) Eating straight up power ade powder and thinking it's a great treat before and
after my work-out. People still look at me silly when I dump a scoop in my mouth
and my teeth turn blue.
6) Knowing that eating at 9 or 10 o'clock does not mean that you get fat!!
7) I always loved veggies so that's no big difference, but cutting the fruit and milk
out has been a big change!
8) If you would have told me at the age of 5-25 that I would eat Buffalo meat I
would have laughed at you. I tried it and now I really like it!
9) That protein powder and WORSE plain tuna does not have to be the only source of
protein!!! Bad advice from an ex!
10) That liquid calories are calories and so I drink absolutely nothing with calories
because they go in way to fast to thoroughly enjoy them (hence, why I eat the
power ade)

Last edited:
OK, well I'm technically not a newbie anymore and I've still got a long way to go but these are some of the things that have changed for me in the past 6 months:

1. Protein. I automatically want to include protein in almost every meal.

2. Timimg. Five meals a day is the norm - I feel sick if I miss a meal. Plus it's OK to just have two items of food in one meal. That probably sounds silly but having been raised on the meat+3 veg+starch+fat on one plate I really struggled with thinking that I had to get all the variables in one MEAL not in one DAY.

3. Good fats. There are good fats? No way. I bless the day I found almond butter and now do not feel guilty about using evoo (on yeah, got the lingo now, LOL), all in moderation of course.

4. Bread. Still a problem area for me but now white bread (like I had yesterday) sticks to the roof of my mouth and tastes so processed. A year ago, I would have thought Performax bread was cardboard.

5. Fast food. I would eat Macca's, BK etc. at least once a week. No more - it is not appealing anymore.

6. Sugar. My co-worker swears that sugar is as addictive as heroin. I believe her; the more you have, the more you want. Highly processed sugary food makes my cheeks sweat (odd but true) now that I am weaning myself from this evil compound.

7. Alcohol. Let's face it, I was a bit of a lush, LOL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my martinis, still, but I've lost the taste for wine and the day after is so much worse. I like to think that my body is cleaner now.

I still have to hone in on many areas of my diet but I am amazed at how far I have come in a few months - I have actually changed my tastebuds! I still cheat too often and succumb to the bad stuff for comfort but I am on the right path.

Great post, Bunns. I'd like to answer this again in another six months to check on my progress.

Do you eat any fruit in your diet, or milk products. I haven't started a protein diet but this is what I normally eat
two vegtables (cucumber, lettuce)
two starches (melba toast, 3/4 all bran
two proteins (egg whites, tuna or chicken)
two dairy (yogurt, skim milk)
one fat (usually tbsp flaxseed)

I don't think that is enough to build muscle, what do you think, should I go and buy protein shakes and what kind do you recommend?

mermaid said:
7. Alcohol. Let's face it, I was a bit of a lush, LOL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my martinis, still, but I've lost the taste for wine and the day after is so much worse. I like to think that my body is cleaner now.

Oooh yes, this would apply to me too. I no longer like sweet girly drinks like cosmos and apple martinis. I'd prefer a stiff vodka with club soda over those. And these days, I can honestly say I no longer look forward to drinking, but feel rather wary when the social situation calls for it. It bloats me up to high heavens and I don't have the tolerance for it that I used to either.

mermaid said:
I still have to hone in on many areas of my diet but I am amazed at how far I have come in a few months - I have actually changed my tastebuds! I still cheat too often and succumb to the bad stuff for comfort but I am on the right path.

Mermaid has a way of saying exactly what I want to!! :) I hope to be able to post someday that I no longer care for cheat meals, but I have yet to reach that point just yet.

Roonytunes said:
Oooh yes, this would apply to me too. I no longer like sweet girly drinks like cosmos and apple martinis. I'd prefer a stiff vodka with club soda over those. And these days, I can honestly say I no longer look forward to drinking, but feel rather wary when the social situation calls for it. It bloats me up to high heavens and I don't have the tolerance for it that I used to either.

Mermaid has a way of saying exactly what I want to!! :) I hope to be able to post someday that I no longer care for cheat meals, but I have yet to reach that point just yet.
^^ I agree with everything you both said ... Roony the day will come :D

1. I CAN live without bread. who knew?? :)

2. I Like sweet potatoes, wow! Actually look forward to eating them.

3. Greens and strawberries with salad dressing is yum...always thought that sounded odd.

4. Water is tasty and the more i drink the more i want. :drink2:

5. I can eat 6 times a day and not gain weight. Awesome!!!!! :elephant:

6. Natural peanut butter is good, (not my initial thoughts though)

7. I actually enjoy salads now, before i would've only ate one if it was the only
food and i was starving to death. :worried:

8. Protein shakes are delicious, and fun to make and experiment with. ;)

9. Sugar gave me the horrendous headaches i suffered with and i feel fantastic without it, and feel great giving my body the good food it craved and deserved :verygood:

10. Lastly, I am a cucumber lover... (who knew that either :whatever:

******Elite fitness Rawks!!!!!!! :garza: ********

Top Bottom