Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How have YOUR food choices changed?

I :heart: This Thread. Thanks, Bunny.

I've learned all of the following within the last 3 months (since I first came to Elite)

most importantly.. #1. PROTEIN. I had no idea that poultry was soooo good for you. I hadn't payed much attention to the labels in fish, so when I did, I was amazed that they were so high in protein. I love easy-to-make protein, like tilapia fillets that you throw in the microwave, tuna, and Egg Beaters. They are so realistic with me as I can't stock my kitchen with ALL of the foods I want~~I live with my parents and am a busy teenager.

2. I can be my own cook. I don't have to eat what my mom made just because that's what is for dinner. I got this mentality because of people from Elite. Actually, I first got it by reading your ladies' daily logs :)....

3. weight lifting is very important

Now that I think of it, I don't know why I never knew these things before. They seem so obvious, but I guess I hadn't been paying enough attention to my diet and body to graspe these concepts.

PS. Today after running on the tredmill, I was looking at my body in the mirror and noticed that my arms are looking a lot better. I can see so much more definition than before. When I lift things, my biceps pop out. When i flex my arm back and look at it in the mirror, a line of triceps is visible. I like it, I like it a lot!! :mix:

rocky_road said:
I :heart: This Thread. Thanks, Bunny.

PS. Today after running on the tredmill, I was looking at my body in the mirror and noticed that my arms are looking a lot better. I can see so much more definition than before. When I lift things, my biceps pop out. When i flex my arm back and look at it in the mirror, a line of triceps is visible. I like it, I like it a lot!! :mix:

:)

It's a great feeling.

:rose:

I never thought I would just take a scoop of PP & dump it in my mouth (I have to do it in halves), take a drink of water, swish and swallow.

I did it last night and this morning. LOL

I've been eating the BB comp diet for 6 yrs & "clean" for 11 yrs now - a couple things I had to get over when I first started:

- oatmeal - used to hate it - we had this weird old lady who would babysit us when my parents went on "their" vacations - she always made us eat oatmeal - it was like a punishment.
- eating breakfast - in college I didn't eat breakfast because I'd get cramps from having milk & cereal & then hauling ass to school & sitting thru 4 hrs of classes before I could eat again - hurt less to not eat.
- used to eat tofu + protein mix as "dessert".
- LOVED protein mix
- had to back off from protein bars - but back then they didn't taste all that great, but METrx bars were indestructible & were fantastic for when I worked on the dive boats in 90 degree weather.
- WATER! LOTS OF WATER!
- used to hate broccoli.
- Never cooked fish before.
- Had no idea how to cook a yam.

Now, after being in the biz for a awhile:

- can't deal w/ shakes at all
- barely bother w/ more prep than grilling or broiling my food, nuking the broccoli, and all my meals I keep in 1 tupperware of 1/2 breasts of chicken, 1 w/ pile of broccoli, 3 hunks of 3 oz yams. I shovel down food at my desk all day and dont' even think twice about makign nice little salads or anything. FEEDIGN TIME!
- ANPB - really just try to stay the hell away from it - flax oil / Udo's Choice is safer.
- don't care for brown rice or oatmeal so much anymore - brown rice gives me gas these days. Oatmeal occassionally. Much prefer potatos & yams as my complex carbs.
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES & GINGER ROOT ARE GOD'S GIFT TO BODYBUILDERS!
- Don't drink much at all anymore.

And yes, it turns out that I can live on pouches of tuna for 5 days straight.

Top Bottom