Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How good is the paleo diet for an average guy?

Kanishk

Thinking of doing the paleo diet starting from nextweek. How good do you think it is for a normal healthy exercisingjoe? How do you approach this diet? Does this mean you need to eateverything raw and uncooked meat? Would be strange for me.

paleo diet is supposedly designed to be like what cavemen ate. however in reality it isn't.

our ancestors didn't eat 15oz steak and snapper every night for dinner. they were lucky to get 15oz of steak A YEAR, much less daily. a lot of paleo people are silly if they think that is how man ate 100K years ago

The paleo diet is just the latest fad. I like the principles behind it and recommend eating whole food sources of food and staying away from processed grains but including good quality complex carbohydrates in your diet like rice and oatmeal certainly won't hurt you.

A bodybuilder or physique athlete is going to have a really hard time meeting their carbohydrate requirements without incorporating some grains like rice and oatmeal into their diet.

I don't like gluten but I don't think there is anything wrong with including some hypoallergenic grains into your diet like rice.

That would be my advice to you - follow the paleo diet but add in rice, oatmeal, and maybe a good quality whey isolate shake.

Remember that as a bodybuilder, our goal is not to simply loose weight but to loose body fat. Look into carb cycling. Carb cycling is the best method for loosing body fat while holding onto all your muscle -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

Any diet will work if you stick to it. I try to keep it very simple. I eat 1g protein per lb body weight, keep carbs around 100g (depending if I train or not), and fill in the gap with fat. I adjust macros up or down depending on if I am cutting or bulking. Just keep the food clean with lots of lean meats, veggies, and complex carbs.

It is quite a healthy diet, but as @muskate said, you need include there some nice carbohydrate sources. Personally, I would rather suggest you to do the carb cycling diet. It is great for many reasons. First of all, it is not restrictive, so you still get to eat a great variety of foods, so no nutrients are lost along the way. Then it is rather easy to follow, because there are days when you are given certain freedoms in terms of food. Finally, it is very effective. So make sure to consider that diet as well.

Top Bottom