Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to get better ab definition

pcmabs

I'm 5'9", 142-144 lbs. I hit the gym 5-6 days a week for 60-90 minutes. I do a mix of 30-45 minutes cardio and then various weight routine. I do a wide range of ab exercises twice a week.

An example of what I ate today is:
Banana(morning)
Turkey, tomato, onion, wheat bread (45cal a slice) (lunch)
Two boiled eggs (snack)
Gilled chicken and green beans (dinner)
Two bud 55 (mostly water...)

My abs have become more defined over the past two years and I have maintained the same weight. The fat scale hovers between 16-17%.

I assume I am being held back by not eating enough? If that is so how much more should I eat. It is 100% not acceptable to gain fat in my stomach region.

What can I change to get a more defined ab region?

Of course you don't have abs at 17%bf. The fat must go first.

I don't think you're eating enough, nor often enough. Work on building a solid diet. High protein, moderate fats, low carbs, and low sodium. Remember that you still need some fats and carbs to build that muscle and not fall over, but be aware of what you're eating. All the working out in the world won't give you abs if you don't drop that fat.

You need to stay away from starchy carbs. (any white breads) stay away from dairy. You need to incorporate some sort of low carb to a carb cycling routine. Moderate fats and high protein.

Thanks for the replies. I don't eat white bread and I'm allergic to dairy! I feel like I already do a low fat low carbide but probably don't eat enough.

Maybe I can get some help with these questions:

How many calories a day should I eat?

If I don't go to the gym and burn 300 calories should I still eat that same amount?

How much fat a day is ok?

How.much carbs a day?

Should I do 30-40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week? More or less?

What should I expect from eating more? For example am I going to gain weight but lose fat. I just need to know what to expect.

I'll keep tack of everything going in over the next few days.

Top Bottom