Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to effectively use EC on a keto diet with carb-ups

plornive

EC ruins glycogen synthesis in my experience, but I want to use EC and do a deto diet with no carb-up days, only pre/post workout carbs. Will my pre/post-workout carb intake be ruined by the EC on keto?

I am currently doing a 50%p/30%c/20%f diet with a small caloric deficit (only losing .5 lbs per week right now). I am able to train intensely and frequently on this diet (4-5 hard sessions per week). Problem is that someone is visiting that I want to impress in July and I want to be fvcking shredded. My surgery makes it so the only way I can do this is by doing a keto diet (damn).

I'm trying to figure out how to do a keto diet and maintain 4 days per week of lifting, if possible. When I did a CKD before I found the lack of training to be really depressing and I burn a lot of calories while training. It seems like a targeted ketogenic diet might be the answer...

So my main question is how will EC affect carb intake and glycogen synthesis? Will the lack of glycogen synthesis leave the glucose in my blood and ruin ketosis, or will my lack of glycogen overcome this? Thanks.

In my experiences, taking the EC(Y) stack did not effect the carb-up at all. However, I do find that cutting it out during the time of the carb-up helps keep it working more efficiently. Plus, the day or two of not using it really seems to come in handy in giving you a break from it. I have used it straight through, and also without it on the weekend, and I like to not take it over the time of the carb-up. However, due to the high GI and insulin spike from the carb-up you will feel damn sluggish. If you have to work or study during this time, good luck doing so without some sort of stimulant. This is my major downfall of the carb-up. It just makes me so damn lazy.

My favorite workout scheme is half the body on Monday and the other half on Tuesday. I'll add in a day of abs and hyperextensions on like Thursday, then of course, my depletion workout on Saturday. This is far and away the BEST workout scheme I have experienced while follow a CKD...by far. It is a version of a plan that Lyle posted in his 20 week Bodyopus experience a while back. This will give you your 3-4 days of training. Also, while it does cause an anabolic response from the training, it doesn't do it to a degree of causing too much fatigue which is common on a carb-depleted diet. This will also allow you to do a little bit more cardio as well if needed.
BMJ

Top Bottom