Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Does This Bulking Diet Look To Everyone?

TAURUS1977

Stats:

185 Pounds
6'2" Tall
24 Years Old

Bulking Diet:

4869 Calories

79g Total Fat

22.5g Saturated Fat

531g Carbs

478g Protein

Thanks

very good!

as the diet progresses, watch how your body responds to it. i would suggest weighing yourself, taking measurements, and doing a fat calipers test every week, and writing everything down in a training diet and body stats journal. if you are willing to put in the effort, you can make great gains with this diet.

PS....i hope you're eating more protein than you are getting from protein shakes. i try to stay away from too much protein powders, and it really helps. use the powders as a supplement...at no point in time should they become your staple source of protein.

PA

No pizza, burgers, etc. Apparently, your bulking diet strategy differs from mine!

Pancakes with extra syrup.:p

bro, that is a spartan-like diet, considering that is your bulking plan.....good luck sticking to it, cause i know i couldn't eat JUST those foods while trying to get bigger.....i do like my post-workout binges of high sugar. i would say that my bulking stage DOES have structure, it looks a little like this:

breakfast: 12 eggs w/2 yolks and either oats, cereal, or pancakes :)

pre-worout: some kind of easily digestable carbs and protein, no more than 300 calories...nothing for 2 hours before the workout

post workout: immediately following, 200 g carbs in liquid form, glutamine, possibly creatine, and about 20 g protein, then 1 hour later i would eat a really huge, fatty, greasy, protein and calorie rich meal.

the rest of the meals: mostly protein, and clean carbs, trying to total at least 400 grams a day of protein, of which at least 250 are real food.

hope this helps!

PA

PA are you aware that you have a 4 hour window after a workout to shuttle all your protein and carbs into the muscles? 20g of whey seems like a very small amount, and followed by the really fatty meal makes little sense since it would be digested so slowly b/c of all the fat.
If you have 4 hours to shuttle everything why not try taking 50g dextrose w/ 50g whey in 1 shake. Followed by a second shake almost 2 hours later? Whey starts to work in less than 20min. and lasts for 2 hours. If you take 1 shake immediately post workout folllowed by a second shake you will have shuttled 100g of whey protein in the system as well as 100g of dextrose to refill muscle glycogen and preventing any of the whey to serve that purpose.
This is in fact the only time i'd opt for whey. As PA mentioned, keep the whey shakes to a minimum, i only advise for them post workout since they act so fast. And like PA, i too have to cheat a bit and hit the pancakes and the like when bulking since i can't really take in that much "wholesome food" to meet calorie requirements.
If you have hard time meeting protein requirements and you go for whey, why not try casseinate? It stays in your system a much longer period of time. And since whey is so fast acting and the body will not use all that protein at once except possibly post workout, most of it will turn to glucose. At the very least i'd say drink small whey shakes of about 25g so you don't run into this problem w/ excess protein.

Also remember not to just bump your calories up that high. Start a ittle above maintenance, then slowly add more and more each week. If you add that much at once yu will just put on a lot of fat and you will have no where to go once your metabolism adjusts to it.

riskybizz007 said:
PA are you aware that you have a 4 hour window after a workout to shuttle all your protein and carbs into the muscles?

LOL...i understand what you're trying to say, good point

you're right, you should adjust the protein value up...actully i was just making a suggestion, throwing out numbers. however, the 4 hour window is misleading.....it's not a magic time frame that all of a sudden closes, it's a metabolic shift due to the exercise session that eventually goes back to baseline levels after a given amount of time. 4 hours? 2 hours? who knows.....everyone has a different metabolism. it's at a peak immediately after the workout, and slowly reached the starting value some time after that. i have always disliked the whole "window" anecdote....it's just a bit misleading.

Top Bottom