Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you do carb loading?

Ngana

After doing some readinghere I decided to do the carb cycling diet, and I have to admit thatit is pretty good. I have one doubt though about the carb loadingdays. Should these cheat meals be something you crave for, or thesehave to be specifically carbs? I mean, if I would like something morefatty to eat...

you shouldn't have cheat meals even on high carb days.. you should be eating things like oatmeal, rice, sweet potato, etc.

don't think you get to eat pasta, bread, and pizza on carb days man.. doesn't work like that.. you will totally fuck this up and go way high on your carb loading days and just get fat

@stevesmi is right - it is a misconception that you can eat whatever you want on carb loading days. These bodybuilders can afford to eat whatever they want to, because they undergo extreme loads during their training, and they are religious with their diets on the rest of the days.

I would treat a cheat meal differently than a carb loading day. If you need a weekly cheat meal for mental sanity (like a lot of us) then I have no problem with that. Eat what you want but keep the portion reasonable. And account for it!!! As long as you keep it within your macros that day you will be fine.

Check out this article I wrote on carb cycling -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

Stick to healthy whole foods for this diet - if you can’t pronounce the name of the ingredients, you probably shouldn’t be eating it!
- Carbohydrates: oatmeal, brown rice, potatoes, yams, vegetables, plain large rice cakes, carbohydrate powders such as waxy maize (only for post workout)
- Proteins: chicken or turkey breast, lean red meat, eggs and egg whites, wild caught fish, low fat cottage cheese, whey protein isolate
- Fats: almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, all-natural peanut butter, olive oil, flax oil, fish oil, avocados, coconut oil

That is sad that you can't have such freedom with carbloading, but I guess that it is what we get with the diet (

Thank you all for the extensive information - will go and boil myself a couple of potatoes..

Top Bottom