Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you calculate food weight for cooking?

Unorabil

When you cook foods, and try to calculate theamounts, what do you wheigh – the weight of already cooked foods,or raw? For example, if I am supposed to eat 100 grams of rice – doI take 100 gr of uncooked rice, or I cook it first, and calculate the100 gr?

i've never weighed food before and after to know..

when i buy grassfed beef i always use 1/4 pound raw. when it is cooked i do not add oil to it.. just spray the pan with coconut spray 0 calories. so this way i know what i am eating

I see - that sounds logical, as you can not calculate how much food there will be after cooking it...thanks for the tip

The most important thing is to look up the nutrition data for cooked or uncooked food.

For example, 100g of uncooked rice will have vastly different calories then 100g of cooked rice. Cooked rice is roughly 2/3 water and will have 2/3 the calories and carbs as cooked rice.

If you used a good food data base like myfitnesspal, they will have nutrition data for both raw and cooked foods.

Great idea above to use myfitnesspal. It will give you both options. Your rice package will also show you both cooked and uncooked nutrition.

Top Bottom