Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How dark should tea be?

Ttaliades

When doing your tea, how dark should it be? You see, when I make it, I like it to be dark enough, so I don't see the lower half of the cup. If you follow the instructions of the tea, it will be as black as coffee – do you think it is fine to drink like that?

With tea it is mostly a matter of taste. Some like it darker, others lighter – there is no single correct recipe. So make it as you like, and disregard the others. Otherwise, you would have to put some milk in there, like the brits do...

Darker the better. The color of the tea is a sign of how much polyphenols the tea contains.

What's really interesting is that when you steep tea, in the first 5-10 seconds, the caffeine is released from the leaf. It's only after that do the polyphenols in the tea start to be released into the hot water.

The longer you steep the tea, the greater the nutritional value it will contain

With tea it is mostly a matter of taste. Some like it darker, others lighter – there is no single correct recipe. So make it as you like, and disregard the others. Otherwise, you would have to put some milk in there, like the brits do...

It's iconic ha ha. Normal tea I have with milk. I've a bunch of herbal and specialized teas here with a very nice tea set which it would be sacrilege to have milk with.

I have been having a milk thistle based tea lately for detox purposes. I actually have to steep it for 6-8 hours and then refrigerate.

Whatever you prefer for taste will be what you want to do.

Top Bottom