Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How To Burn Through to My Abs?

luto

Well its not just my abs, but the rest of my musscles as well. I started working out about 2 years ago, it was a huge change in my life, and I really dont recognize my old self anymore. Cool stuff ya'know, havin girls check me out for a change and all :)
Now that I have crossed that hurdle my next step is to burn the fat covering the muscles. Its not a whole lot, I can see some abs, but not toned enough. I run 20 min 3 times a week on either the treadmill or eliptical. I go up to about 5.5mph/level 16 respectively. Whats the best thing I can do to get me more cut!? THANKS.

The cardio stuff is good man, and it helps a lot.
This is going to be all diet though. That's what's going to get you where you want to be in terms of losing that layer of bf.

You can try a CKD or any other cutting diet, and you should do fine.

Best of luck to ya!
-2Z-

I hate CKD. I fall asleep, I lose all energy, and I get very moody.

You can make adjustments like cutting out all starches at night. Cut out all the pasta and rice and eat broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, et c.

Well I just hate to do a CKD diet, I already don't have enough energy and am afraid I wouldn't be able to work out as much/ or as hard. I'll watch the way I eat, but what else can I do? Should I be doing more high rep/low weight exercises? Should I run more or do more eliptical workouts?

you need to do more than 'watch' what you eat; you need to really be in charge of your diet. go to T-mag.com and check out their 'diet manifesto.' they have several different sensible diets. A very low-carb approach is good for some people but there's no reason to do it if it makes you feel terrible. there are other ways to get lean.

higher reps will do nothing about bodyfat. they'll just focus on muscle endurance rather than strength. keep training for strength and hypertrophy with lower reps.

cardio or intervals/sprinting added to your training will probably help reduce bodyfat though.

if you're burned out on dieting, just get your nutrition in order and eat around maintenance levels for a month or so. you'll gain a little muscle mass/lose a little bodyfat and gain some strength if your training is in order and you can re-attack the bodyfat after that.

Top Bottom