Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How bad are egg yolks for you

BEAST420

I was just wondering if egg yolks are actually as bad as they are made out to be... I love whole eggs and lately have been substituting whole eggs with a little protien powder on top of them (completely delicious, u use Cinnabon flavored protien.) I do this as opposed to egg whites...

This is an interesting subject. There is a lot of controversy around saturated fat. There is a link from saturated fat to cholesterol production but the story doesn't end there. There are short and medium chain saturated fats that do have some health benefits and proponents of saturated fat say that the negative health aspects have been overstated.

My personal take on it is that if you are eating a balanced diet and are within your calorie budget, there is room in your diet for some saturated fat. Personally, I mostly avoid it and my lipids and bp is excellent and my dr is very happy.

I buy and eat tons of egg whites and use them in lots of stuff. Haven't had yolk in years :)

Radar had a good post once about how yolks aren't as bad as they seem.

Keto diet requires high fat for example.

Do you have the link? I'm curious as I hear so much positive but at the same time can find ins of negatives.... I have read that all the vitamins and minerals are in the yolk..

The university of Grenada actually just concluded a study on this. It showed egg yolks have no connection to high cholesterol. Plus if you look at the fat breakdown of the 5g off fat per egg 3.5g are poly and monounsaturated fats and only 1.5g are saturated fats.

The university of Grenada actually just concluded a study on this. It showed egg yolks have no connection to high cholesterol. Plus if you look at the fat breakdown of the 5g off fat per egg 3.5g are poly and monounsaturated fats and only 1.5g are saturated fats.

Good stuff

carbs actually increase your cholesterol not fats. Also cholesterol is essential for life, its the building block of hormones for example.

Cholesterol is a complicated product and its often viewed as the bad guy in heart disease but like so many things, its not the cause of heart disease, elevated cholesterol is a symptoms of not just heart disease but toxic overload.

Cholesterol plays an important role in detoxification. Quite a bit of research shows that in people with elevated (>260) cholesterol can get a significant drop on cholesterol by simply having their amalgum fillings replaced with biocompatable ones.

Additionally cholesterol is the second line of defense for damaged arteries. Everyone thinks cholesterol just clogs arteries out of no where but thats not the case (once again scientifically proven fact). Cholesterol collects at damaged areas of arteries to prevent rupture. This is supposed to be temporary but due to nutritional deficiencies (ie vitamin C and lysine) the underlying damage never gets properly repaired so the temporary bandaid (ie cholesterol) continues to build and cause problems.

Once again the cholesterol is serving a purpose to prevent arterial rupture, its not the enemy, its a symptom of an underlying deficiency/toxicity.

i eat 10 whites with 2 whole eggs most mornings and some evenings i will have 6 whole eggs ppwo.

i'm still alive...

it is absolutely fine to have whole eggs. just make sure you buy the correct kind of eggs and you don't fry them in margarine or oil. cook them correctly and use humane friendly eggs and they are wonderful.

I have an article at muscle-research about eggs which is a must read for egg people

Top Bottom