Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to account for negligible carbs in your calorie count

dEgeNeRaTe8211

well first, see i set up ms excel spreadsheets to calculate everything in my diet. i usually just add up the total grams of protein, carbs, and fat and aim for the numbers i've formulated before (how many grams of prot, carb, and fat i need daily). well it was just today that i had nothing to do so i decided to add up all the calories. it all totalled too high over my daily calorie requirements. then i checked my stuff by multiplying and adding the grams of everything (using prot=4c/g, carb=4c/g, fat=9c/g). my second calorie count of the grams and stuff was perfect for how many calories i need daily. i realized that it was the unlisted carbs in my protein bars. there was a thread from before about the label on protein bars: "something something and something while counted in the total calories count, they are not included in the carb count, as they have a negligible effect on insulin levels." in that thread, people said that was like glyceryn and stuff. i figured out that my protein bars have 62 calories from whatever that is. well anyway, my question...do you include these calories in your total calories count? if so, you would have to subtract some from the total carb count wouldnt you? well just please help me out here...i dunno what to do. thanx.

Yes and No. Yes, you add these calories to your total daily intake, and No, they do not count as carbohydrates. Although glycerol (glycerin) contain around 4.13cal/g, it does not raise blood insulin levels, it plainly get's metabolized in the liver and stays there as liver glycogen. It's a hard concept, but you have to realize that these 62 calories are about 15g glycerol, which are not carbohydrates (technically). Would take some calories away from fat/and some from carbs to forfill these empty calories.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom