Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how about this diet if i weight 260 pounds? will i lose weight?

halfbreed

how about this diet if i weight 240 pounds? will i lose weight?

In most cases, weight multiplied by 12 is calories used to maintain ones weight without much exercise

multiplied by 14 usually will give calories used to gain a bit of muscle

go with your weight multiplied by 12 and then:

get your weight in grams of protein by the end of the day, multiply that by 4 for total protein calories

the differnece between protein calories and total calories will be divided to let's say 70 % carbs, and 30% fat for total calories

so for a weight of 200 pounds get 200 grams of protein; that makes it 800 calories

200 x 12 = 2,400 total calories so 2,400 minus 800 = 1,600 more calories

carbs at 70% of 1,600 = 1,120 carbcalories

fat at 30% of 1,600 = 480 fat calories

divide carb cals by 4 and you get 280 grams of carbs (which yeilds 1,120 calories from carbohydrates)

divide fat cals by 9 and you get 53 grams of fat (which yeilds 480 calories from fat)

>>>so in a whole day, by the time you go to bed you should have eaten this much:

>>protein: 200 grams
>>Carbs: 280 grams
>>Fat: 53 grams

so if you eat 4 meals per day you should get: >>>>grams divided by x (x=meals per day)

50 grams of protein in each meal
70 grams of carbs in each meal
13 grams of fat in each meal

now just divide the total amount of food needed each day by the number of meals you plan to eat.

try this for 7 days ( 1 week) and see how much weight you lose (should be at least a pound, and at most 2 pounds, if it's any more than that you are losing water weight from sweating and also the possibility of muscle loss)

***will this work for me to lose weight?***

Last edited:
that is just the example, i would just change the numbers around from 200 to 240, like instead of 200x12, i would go with 240x12, etc., etc.

LOL... main title says '260' and the post title says '240' ... don't worry about what you weigh now if you are trying to change it. I'm eating about 40 p / 30 c / 30 f and losing weight no problem. I'm eating 2000-2100 cals and I weigh 225.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not about just getting "200 grams of carbs" -- they have to come from a good source. 200 grams of carbs from 4 donuts or 200 grams of carbs from broccoli, asparagus, apples, rolled oats... big difference.

btw, if you haven't found it already: FitDay makes it easy to track your day.

what is your diet like now?? clean it up first and you'll drop weight, as long as your exercising. If you all ready have/do both, then use those numbers for your lean body mass not total weight

I would eat more good fats. But almost any diet that takes you below your maintainence level of cals will cause weight loss. The last meal of the day I would not eat many carbs, maybe some veggies. Shift the extra carbs earlier in the day.

eh. i weighed 280 a couple months ago, which would state i need 3360 a day but on 2800 a day w/about 3000 cals in exercise a week spread over 5 days i was losing 2.5 lbs a week.

thanks everyone, i know about the clean stuff, and good fats, and all that stuff, my only question really was if the numbers would get me to my goal.

Top Bottom