Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hot tubs: Do they really speed up your...

DrBones

Does anybody know if Hot tubs really speed up your metabolism?
The only rational reason I could think of is that you are in a higher temperature and your body is trying to regulate your body temperature... Is a 15minute stint in a hot tub actually going to cause any significant benefits? Every little bit helps right?
Thanks
Ryan

If women are involved, definitely. I don't think just sitting in a hot-tub would speed your metabolism at all. It relaxes your muscles, you're not doing anything... but I could be wrong.

I dont think so, it sounds like the old claims tha saunas were the ultimate fat-burning machines but I've known to be wrong alot, lol.

Who cares. Its relaxing and feels fucking great. And like Kid D said, if there is a lady inolved giving you a sick massage after a brutal back day. What the hell could be better than that?

I don't know of any studies, but I would assume this to be counter-productive. Raising the core temperature, should increase peripheral capillary dilation in order to release heat.

Actually cold climates are known to increase metabolic rate, it is called shivering thermogenesis.

I was under the immpression that your body is supposed to maintain a certain body temperature... so by either increasing or decreasing your temperature you're body would be forced to burn calories in order to raise/decrease your to your regular body temperature...

I know this is true for cold temperatures and your body using calories to warm you up but am unsure if it works the other way...

Thanks for the help though guys
RYan

The only off the wall strategy like that I ever used was taking REALLY cold showers pre comp before teen/col. nat's. I think it may have actually kick started the metabolic rate a little bit. Too bad the shivering and goose bumps makes you have to shave more. Later

Ryan

p.s. I heard that serge nubret used to train his balls off till he was sweating like a pig and then stand outside in the winter and he claimed it help rev up his metabolic rate....

MuscleDM:
Thanks for the interesting information....
I'm going to start drinking 30 ice cold glasses of water a day
take 3 ice cold showers a day for 20 minutes
get a gel suit that i can throw in the freezer(you know those gelpads) and wear it for 20 minutes a day
and when it snows barry my self naked in the snow until i am a few degrees away from hypothermia :)
I'm just kidding :)
Now i wonder how much your metabolic rate would actually increase if you did all that stuff. hahaha...
I think I'll just run and eat good :p
Thanks!
Ryan

Top Bottom