Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hoping to get some help on my diet!

jq24

Hey guys,
I hope i can get some of you pros to look at my diet and see where i may be going wrong, and where my diet looks solid.
Here is my history/stats. I started seriously lifting over three years ago, juicing about two years ago (done a few cycles, lower doses, all bulks). I sarted at around 140lb and am currently at 195lb now. bf is pretty high, 18-19%, and is one of the reasons im here. I def need to lower my bf, but honesty my main goal is too get some more solid size on me. I know one of my problems is that my carb intake is a bit high. The reason for this is im always nervous that when im off i will loose too much mass so i tend to go high on the carbs.
here is my daily meal plan as of now (not on any aas)

Meal 1
4 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, cup and half oatmeal, scoop whey. Raw and blended.
Meal 2
Lean Body Meal Replacer shake 350 cals, 50g protein low on carbs and fats
Meal 3
10 ounces chicken with good amount of either basmati rice or buckwheat / ....or 8 ounces of salmon with brown rice and veggies
Meal 4
same as meal 2 with around 150 cals of almonds or pecans added
Meal 5 (prework out meal)
whole wheat pasta with tilapia or half a roasted chciken, or 3 rolls of sushi with tuna/salmon/other fish
Meal 6 (post work out)
Same as meal 1
Meal 7
3-4 medium to large pieces of tilapia with either avocado or two tble spoons of olive oil(200 cals)

Any advice,tips etc would be great. Thanks in advance

I would drop the carbs in meal 3 and cut down to a cup of oats meals 1 and 6, if you're blending raw eggs in meal 1 I would forget about it, as the bioavailability of protein in uncooked eggs is very poor, you can replace them with a can of tuna, more whey, or some other lean protein source.... As for your goal of gaining mass, personally I think its pretty pointless at that bf % because if you do gain muscle you won't notice it, much better to try and lean down to a point where gaining mass will make a difference to your physique....

Thanks for the reply. I will try to lower he carbs to a cup, i have actually already started doing that in my first meal.
Are you sure about the low bioavailablity of raw eggs though? I know there is an issue with biotin absorbtion but i havent been able to find info on the nutrient bioavailablity of raw eggs. I wonder if it would make a difference if i switched to the carton egg whites (pasteurized)

Yes bro, if you run a search online you'll find at least one study pretty quickly, if you're having eggs and want them to make a difference to your protein intake for the day, they need to be cooked.... I was downing raw eggs for a while myself until one of my tutors told me it was a waste of time, so I checked it out and it turned out he was right....

Yup, looked in to it. seems the most bioavailable form is the cartoned egg whites and then cooked eggs. Thank you

get rid of the pasta and shakes for now.

you can bring them back later..

1 serving of veggies? now you know where your problem is.. stop being so obsessed with getting X amount of protein and forgetting that veggies are free food, meaning you can eat as much veggies as you want and you will LOSE weight on them. they will speed up your metabolism and they have a ton of nutrients/vitamins

and I would bet that your workout routine stinks right now.. 5 10 and only 195 with 19% body fat for someone who has some cycles under their belt is suspicious.. yeah i know you came from 140 but that makes it worse if you didn't build a natural base and depended on steroids to gain weight

Haha please dont hold back.
i have a split body routine, 5 days a week, chest/tris, back, legs , shoulders , bis. 3-4 excersizes per body part, 6-8 reps for larger muscle groups on main excersizes( chest press, row, squats etc), more reps for others.
Im always on top of form unless im pushing an amount i have never done before, but i dont move up unless i get a solid set with that weight. pushups/dips/pullups/chins are done weekly throughout my work outs, usually with added weight. cardio i should be doing more than i am....not really sure where im going wrong in lifting though? let me know if you need any more info

also just curious on your opinions as to where i should be at this point? I mean knowing my past weight (similiar bf%) and knowing that i have been lifting for three years, and juicing for under two, what goal theoretically should i have been at? I guess maybe a bit leaner and bigger than i am now? Just something i always think about, because i like like to set goals for my self...

Top Bottom