Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is honey bunches of oats unhealthy?

TOR-2016

So this big dude I ran into shopping at the super market said that is this one of the healthiest cereals on the market?
Was he BSing me with bad advice or is there something I don't know?

He was pulling your leg. Read the ingredient panel for yourself -

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ingredients: Corn, Whole Grain Wheat, [/FONT]Sugar,[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Whole Grain Rolled Oats, [/FONT]Brown Sugar[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif],[/FONT] High Oleic Vegetable Oil (Canola or Sunflower Oil),[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, salt, [/FONT]corn syrup[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], whey (from milk), wildflower honey, malted corn and barley syrup, caramel color, [/FONT]natural and artificial flavor,[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] annatto extract (for color), bht added to packaging material to preserve product freshness. vitamins and minerals: reduced iron, niacinamide, vitamin b6, vitamin a palmitate, riboflavin (vitamin b2), thiamin mononitrate (vitamin b1), zinc oxide, folic acid, vitamin b12, vitamin d.[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It's full of sugar and artificial ingredients. The best option is oatmeal. Just plain, regular oatmeal. Nothing fancy. No additives, no fillers, no preservatives.

If you find oatmeal boring, try toping it with fruit, nuts, seeds, cinnamon etc.
[/FONT]

Wow, look at those ingredients^^^^^

Terrible food option. There are much better carb sources like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and rice.

Top Bottom