Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

high protein intake/digestion/training

Liberator

I know this isnt specifically about training, but I wanted a quick reply so I posted it here too!!

First this is my current bulking diet which I have been following for about 2 months now, I am getting excellent gains from it. It took me a while to perfect it but I think its pretty good now, I dropped the nlarge shake from post workout and replaced it with a protein shake with less carbs, and it seems to work just aswell, so thats cool.

The problem is I seem to be having problems digesting it all (no suprise), as I keep getting spots on my back and on my face, I never used to get many, like the odd one but now its far far worse, I was thinking that its probably due to the high protein intake (meat alone probably), so what can I do:

1. Drop protein intake to 1g per lb of bodyweight (what will this do to my gains?).
2. Increase zinc & Probiotic intake (anyone think this will help?).
3. Try changing chicken/cottage cheese for tuna outright.

I know this is a different topic, I want gains (which I am definately getting) but I dont want to look like a 10 year old (no offence), can anyone give me any advice?

Heres my diet, maybe people looking to build up a diet will find it useful too:

8.30AM

MULTIVIT+PROBIOTIC
1xNLARGE
2xWHOLEMEAL BREAD (MULTIGRAIN)

10.30AM

2xCHICKEN+COTTAGE CHEESE SANDWICHES ON 4 SLICES OF WHOLEMEAL BREAD

1PM

15mg ZINC
1xCAN OF BEANS
4xWHOLEMEAL BREAD (MULTIGRAIN)
1xJOGHURT

4PM

1xNLARGE2
1xBANANA

6PM - PRE-WORKOUT

PROBIOTIC
1xSCOOP OF 100% WHEY

7PM - IMMEDIATELY POSTWORKOUT --> 2xSCOOPS OF 100% WHEY (44g PROTEIN, 24g CARBS)

8.30PM

CUP OF COOKED BROWN RICE
CHICKEN + VEGGIES

PRE-BED
1xSCOOP OF WHEY

PROTEIN --> 349g
CARBS --> 542g
FAT --> Approx. 60g

The main downer is protein, this is what I think is messing me up due to all the meat I am eating, if I drop it down to 200g will this severely hit my gains. I presume I would need to increase fat intake to keep my calorie intake at around 4500-5000 cals (I was thinking of adding flax seed oil in this case).

I would never decrease the amount of protein I'm getting, especially if you're gaining well. As the amount of protein you take in on a daily basis increases, the source(s) of that protein become less and less important.

In other words, it matters more that you get down a lot of protein daily rather than worry about specific protein sources, amino acid profiles, BOV, etc. Think in terms of quantity when looking at dietary protein. That's not to say that you're better off eating all soy protein over egg whites and chicken ... however, how much is still more important than what kind.

In light of that, I would suggest altering the makeup of your protein sources instead of dropping the overall protein amount. I would suggest changing the types of protein you're getting ... maybe that will alleviate the breakouts.

Thanks dude

I'll swap em around abit and see if that helps

Ive got this nightmare going round in my head that I will have to return to tuna again!! argh!!!!!!!!!!

I can eat anything.........but............tuna and have always gone around it!!

tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna i must like tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tunatuna tuna tuna tuna

MmmmmMmmMMmmm tuna!!!

NOT!

Liberator,

Have you ever tried the chunk white tuna or solid white tuna?

I can barely choke down the regular pink stuff, but I really like the white stuff. It makes getting tuna down 10 times better. It is a little more expensive though.

Top Bottom