Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Protein diets and the Gout?

Stratus

I have been consuming about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per body pound, per day, for about 3 years now. Lately, I have been getting a lot of flack from my father saying that the high levels of protein will give me the gout. I have done a little bit of research, and i cant find anything about that. Has anyone else heard of this, or is my old man blowing smoke?

i have been doing high protien for about 5 years and when i got my blood test done my uric acid was above normal , so i cut my protien back to about .75 grm per lb and im still gaining muscle and a also fell alot better , your body has to work really hard to digest 300 grms of meat !!!

my diet is

1- 1 scoop optimum whey with blue berries ( breaks down uric acid )
2- tuna / safflower dressing

3- chicken / brown rice

4 - post - 2 scoops whey / pear or melon

5- chicken / small romaine salad

6- tuna / flax oil

protien = 185
carbs = 100 +/-
fat = 30

works for me !!! gout is nothing to fool with , also i train 2 days on 1 day off , for recovery since protien is lowered

thanks

Thanks Benrock, i appreciate the info.

Have you had a blood test since to see if the uric acid level has gone down?

been taking 3 grams of vit C per day

uric acid has gone back to normal !!

good luck , you dont need so much protien , its not healthy just get some more rest and i assure you you will feel better and plus you wont get the gout !!

email if you have any more Q?

thanks

I think you'll find that the main contributing factors to gout are 1) genetics; 2)diets high in purines (especially red meat/fish) 3) insulin resisitance 4) too much alcohol

Of the above, eliminating any one will likely lead to prevention or improvement of gout. So you can reduce your protein intake from meat sources, or you can increase your insulin sensitivity via reduced high GI carb intake. Of course, if gout doesn't run in your family then you may not need to worry about it at all. Keeping well hydrated is also important.......

Top Bottom