Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Protein Cereals?...............

PUMPON

Like Vector and Vive, i personally like them for breakfast they are high in soy protein but are also high in carbs, but are supposedly complex so it would't be to bad for the morning, anyway what do you people think of them??

I usually eat Vector too 'cause it tastes good and is high in protein. As for the carbs, almost any cereal you eat is gonna have a lot of carbs so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Depends on how strict you're being with your diet...a lot of guys will tell you to cut out the ceral altogether - because most brands, even though they are "complex" carbs, are still highly processed and they tend to rate quite high on the glycemic index...compared to something like plain old OATS...

...and it's generally agreed that soy is an inferior protein as far as biological availability is concerned...but that's a whole other thread!!

But again, it depends on how strict you want to be - if you're bulking or you don't really want to get diced and shredded, I think it's fine to eat Vive or Vector....

diamonddiceclay said:
they are not good for cutting and soy is bad for men because it increases estrogen production

didn't know that about soy.......learn so much on this board!!!!

diamonddiceclay said:
they are not good for cutting and soy is bad for men because it increases estrogen production

That really hasn't been proven. Its mostly hype to sell other protiens ripping most of the information of inconclusive studies.

At the same time I do believe soy is crap for building muscle. Kinda like a non-protien protien.

One of my buddies actually told me that soy protein decreases testosterone levels. What do you guys think? Have you heard this too?

PUMPON said:
Like Vector and Vive, i personally like them for breakfast they are high in soy protein but are also high in carbs, but are supposedly complex so it would't be to bad for the morning, anyway what do you people think of them??

Are you a make or a female?
If you are a female, soy helps with the menstral cycle and is very good for you. Regardless, all cereals have the potential of storing fat due to thier usually (but not always) hi carb content

If you are a male, soy blocks estrogen receptors, thus causing raised estrogen levels in your body. It's anabolic properties are no way equivalent to whey, egg album, or milk casiente protien.

Top Bottom