Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Fat/Moderate protein/Low carb diet

bodyfreak

Has anyone here ever tried it? Whats the pro's/con's on it? Im currently doing a moderate protein/carb and low fat diet and its working good for me but i need to get leaner a bit faster for competition (Got to big on off season) so far i've lost 12-15 pounds in the last 6 weeks on the diet im on now. I'm planning to go on a cycle of test/tren/var so im not worried about muscle loss at all. Any suggestions or feedback about the diet?

Hi bodyfreak

I don't think you will get any positive results from a long term (over a week) high fat diet. Such diets have been used before by endurance athletes who did it a day or less before a competition. I think it was due to the theory that it would spare glycogen stores in the muscles. Much of the info on high diet diets are mainly anecdotal and literally all are done with intention of enhancing performance in aerobic disciplines as opposed to a medium/long term weight loss strategy.

The only diets I'm aware of that actually utilise this sort of approach is the Atkins Diet and The Zone Diet. Simply, because they endorse very high protein and low carb intake, which in themself will mean an almost unavoidable intake of higher than average dietary fat.

If I was you I'd stick to the more proven, safe, and coventional methods for losing weight.

Am I right in thinking that an entire Tour De France team, once had to withdraw from a stage race because of unexpected side effects from a high fat strategy? Not sure on that one.

Craig

Thank for the reply craig, i know some bodybuilders here in my city that swear on the high fat diets but ill stick with what works for me and see how that goes through

Hi BF

Good idea. I'd certainly stick with what you know works as opposed trying something way out like that. Nothing worse than looking smooth and watery on competition day, if it goes wrong.
It might be something you could investigate during the off-season and research how the other guys do it.

Good luck.

Craig

Top Bottom