Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

high colesterol

jeep310

high cholesterol

Hey all......The doc says that my cholesterol in out of control.......Any ideas on how to lower it. I weight train and do cardio 4 days per week, eat as clean as possible (low fat, low carb, high protein) Chicken, steak and veggies....ect. Was very shocked to hear that it was @ 281 and my tri's are @ 453. What I can't figure out is that for the past 3 weeks, I have been on a cutting diet..........Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
omega 3s (flax seed oil, fish oil) should help lowering your cholesterol
CLA (conjugated linoliec acid) also

but, ask your doc

Bad Cholesterol

I'll save you the dietician's fee....follow as precisely,
Keep your calories intake high but lean, specially if you're lifting for gains:
No red meats!
eat poultry (lean chicken breast, only baked or grilled), tuna, salmon, turkey breast, sardines, etc.
white eggs only or beaters.
Soy Milk or Skim milk plus
Cereal, get Kashi's Go Lean
salads, no gravy,
Whey Protein (get the low fat one, less cholesterol)
2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil daily.
Multivitamins,
Fruits,
Glutamine pills or powder
As a butter replacement, get Benecol (guaranteed to lower the bad cholesterol) at Shoprite
Peanut Butter (natural) from a health food store.
Check for sugars and hidden fat in Low fat products.
Creatine
Avoid foods with Saturated fat, read labels on foods, or go for the lower saturated fat on some foods.
Good luck
Corsaire

Hey Jeep,

Listen to Corsaire, those are great recommendations. One thing I would also add the that very complete list is bump up soluble fiber intake. Oats and oat bran are great sources. They can do a great job lowering ones serum cholesterol. Good luck bro

Ryan

Sweet Jesus!!! Thats out the roof. I've been low carbing for a year eating basically whatever the hell i want and mine has dropped down to 130. Man, i didn't think cholesterol could get that high ;)

Looks like it runs in the family. I talked to my mother today, and she said that her cholpesterol was very high. Docs put her on the 3 month diet and retested her......still very high. She is now on medication for life. What really bothered me the most about the docs was they said I need to start a exercise program and learn to diet........(I didn't tell them that I lift and had been on a low fat, mod carb, high protien diet for some time. I went in for a check-up and had no idea they where checking my cholesterol) Anyways, I will follow their diet and see what happens.

It could be genetic. However, if you're taking steroids (I am not suggesting you are) that would escalate the Cholesterol big time! Get your homocysteine level checked! I recommend the following supplements: B6/B12/Folic Acid and increase your fiber intake.

Corsaire.....thanks for the info.I picked up the cereal and butter (that stuff is $$$$). Hope it tastes good.....:p :p :p

Last edited:
also my mom was tested and they told her to stay away from anything that has "partially hydrogenated oil" in the ingredients.

Top Bottom