Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are high calories necessary to gain muscle if protein intake is high?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone. Was just wondering if Im getting enough food to grow. Lets say I get 200-250 grams of protein daily but only 3200-4000 calories, will I still grow? Im 185lbs currently. My only activity is weight lifting, no cardio, lots of sleep. Today for example I ate:

granola bar, 2 protein bars, 64 oz milk, 5 slices of cheese and a TV dinner with buffalo chicken strips,corn,brownie and fries. (200 grams of protein)

ThanX for the feedback everyone :D

Calories dont repair muscle so there nothing to worry about unless you think your workout needs more fuel.

Nick

NWinters said:
Calories dont repair muscle so there nothing to worry about unless you think your workout needs more fuel.

Nick

ThanX Winters! Ive always heard that high calories were necessary for growth. Maybe its bullshit. Just trying to get things straight. I find Im strongest on a pretty empty stomache. So thats definatelty not a problem. I feel bloated and full most of the time just eating close to 200 grams of protein or more. Forcing down more food would mean puking alot more often like I used to. Got real sick of that, mentally. Was even getting freaked out by eating, bad nerves anticipating nausea and puking from overfeeding. Im willing to pay that price if I must, but would rather not have to. hehe ThanX again :D

calories dont build muscle, true. but protein is used for energy if calorie demands arent being met.

It takes a large energy investment to build muscle macromolecules from their amino acid components. Or, in other words, the protein is the parts, and the calories are the labor.

You DO need lots of calories.

casualbb said:
It takes a large energy investment to build muscle macromolecules from their amino acid components. Or, in other words, the protein is the parts, and the calories are the labor.

You DO need lots of calories.

yep.
im 200, and currently get ~ 5000/daY

Top Bottom