Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are high calories necessary to gain muscle if protein intake is high?

Mike_Rojas said:
Try to get in some liquid calories. Drink a gallon of milk. Easy to chug every couple hours and get mega calories and protein.
'

Hey Mike! Thatd be fucking perfect! The only problem is I have to drink that Lactaid or Dairy Ease milk cuz I cant digest the regular milk. So its like 7$ for a gallon as opposed to 3$ with the regular stuff. I do drink 64oz a day though. ThanX again!

Beast-
Isaac79 had a good post... basically once you are getting the protein requirement (like 1.5x) you can adjust you other stuff up or down depending on your gains... gaining too much fat?-less cals.... not gaining? -more cals.... it is not that complicated. You are pretty young, so your cal requirements will probably be pretty high... I know a lot of guys vouch for clean cals, but I personally don't give a shizat if I am trying to put weight on, AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ALL SUGARS AND CRAP...

I put a link to a post where Bfold put up his grocery list... if your grocerly list does not look like that, you are doing something wrong

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45612&highlight=groceries

WalkingBeast said:
'

Hey Mike! Thatd be fucking perfect! The only problem is I have to drink that Lactaid or Dairy Ease milk cuz I cant digest the regular milk. So its like 7$ for a gallon as opposed to 3$ with the regular stuff. I do drink 64oz a day though. ThanX again!

i find optimum nutrition protien powder the best deal. it comes out to be like 30 cents a scoop of 20 grams of protien. so like 1.5 cents per gram of protien. i think bargain whey at gnc is even cheaper. drink with water even cheaper and a better protien to carb ratio. even when taking excess of 500 grams of protien your body will have to convert alot of that protien to sugar. but you actually burn fat calories converting it to sugar or glucose, you probably already know that.

Becoming said:
Beast-
Isaac79 had a good post... basically once you are getting the protein requirement (like 1.5x) you can adjust you other stuff up or down depending on your gains... gaining too much fat?-less cals.... not gaining? -more cals.... it is not that complicated. You are pretty young, so your cal requirements will probably be pretty high... I know a lot of guys vouch for clean cals, but I personally don't give a shizat if I am trying to put weight on, AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ALL SUGARS AND CRAP...

I put a link to a post where Bfold put up his grocery list... if your grocerly list does not look like that, you are doing something wrong

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45612&highlight=groceries

ThanX Becoming and Isaac. That makes alot of sense.Right now, Ill be happy just to gain and break 200 soon. I doubt excess fat will be a problem with my metabolism. I stay fairly lean. I just downed a double whopper w/ cheese and some king sized fries hehe. Going to drink 1/2 a gallon of milk, eat a TV dinner later and try to shove a few more things down. Thats a nice grocery list. I dont eat all my meals at home. Go to the buffet alot also. Cookies and candies I dont eat too often anyway, but dont restrict myself from them either haha

PRO_BODYBUILDER said:

i find optimum nutrition protien powder the best deal. it comes out to be like 30 cents a scoop of 20 grams of protien. so like 1.5 cents per gram of protien. i think bargain whey at gnc is even cheaper. drink with water even cheaper and a better protien to carb ratio. even when taking excess of 500 grams of protien your body will have to convert alot of that protien to sugar. but you actually burn fat calories converting it to sugar or glucose, you probably already know that.

haha I beleive 441 is my PR for protein intake in a 24 hour period.
Thats a real good deal. If I drink too many protein shakes and not enough food then Ill start losing though. So have to be careful not to substitute powders for meals. haha No I didnt know that :p ThanX PRO_BODYBUILDER

if you wanna try something even weirder. try some nasty ass yeast powder. the shit is really cheap and like 8 grams of protien per 2 table spoons and 4 grams of fiber and virtually no carbs. you have to mix it with something lol you cant eat the shit raw or in water, maybe some type of icecream

haha Doesnt sound too good. hehe Damn bro!!!! Just noticed your lifting stats (listed real sneakily haha) Those are some incredible lifts! =)

If you are 185 and you are taking in 4,000 kcals a day...I don't see how you can go wrong.

B True

b fold the truth said:
If you are 185 and you are taking in 4,000 kcals a day...I don't see how you can go wrong.

B True

ThanX Clint! How has your training been? I dont always hit 4,000, but try to get in as much as I can. Any strongman events? Look forward to seeing some more vids from you! ThanX again bro:D

WalkingBeast said:

ThanX Clint! How has your training been? I dont always hit 4,000, but try to get in as much as I can. Any strongman events? Look forward to seeing some more vids from you! ThanX again bro:D

I'm doing ok. Looking at Boston 2004. Just thinking about Sunday right now. Still on the verge of a sponsor...(crosses fingers).

B True

Top Bottom