Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

high calories breakfast

superbro

Hi guys do you think having a big breakfast with pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc...and then eat very clean lunch and dinner would help to lose weight? like having protein and veggies for lunch and dinner without any carbs, also training about 4 days a week, for some reason when I don't eat enough for breakfast I feel a lack of energy the rest of my day.

Believe it or not it's like a withdrawal. You have to go two or three weeks low carb low cal before your body stops thinking it needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No eating that shit will not help you lose weight. Eat some oats, a good complex carb that will give you energy and keep you full for a while. If you want to lose weight you need to keep your diet on point and workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a large breakfast as you are describing can easily put you well over 1000 calories right off the bat.

you see this mistake all the time and there is a reason you see big guts from people who eat at places like denny's or IHOP.

you really need to sit down and figure out calories.

In the end of the day, what matters the most, is the total calorie intake, so there is no need for the breakfast to be particularly calorie dense, and the dinner to be light. Ideally, you should distribute evenly all your calories during the day - this will provide a more steady nutrient income, and there will be less chances of food being converted into fat.

Having a big breakfast - yes, smart idea.

Eating pancakes and sausage for breakfast - not a smart idea

Eating a big breakfast will keep you satiated the rest of the day so you will consume less calories at lunch and dinner. However, you should base your diet around unprocessed whole foods.

For breakfast, I would have a big bowl of oatmeal, some eggs, some fruit. Something like that.

Eggs for breakfast for me are a huge win. They get me started with good protein and keep me full. I would include them and maybe some oatmeal. No need for sausage or bacon or anything like that.

Don't forget to start your day off by drinking water. Get hydrated right from the start.

There is NOTHING wrong with a high calorie breakfast, even when trying to lose weight.

It is your TOTAL calories that matter, so theoretically if your target calories is 2500, you could eat 1000 cals in meal 1, then 500 in the next 3 meals.

HOWEVER, the foods you listed are very poor food choices and will not help you reach your goals at all! Getting the body you want will require some work and some sacrifice. You CAN enjoy tasty foods in moderation, but having the breakfast you described daily is a very poor diet plan.

A big breakfast of oatmeal, eggs, and a little fruit would be A-Okay.

I've seen some back and forth over eating the majority of the calories earlier in the day vs later in the day and so on. Earlier, it seems, was better. Most of this applies to the average Joe. Historically speaking it's useful - work, scavenging, hunting and the like. Before the industrial revolution it would be a large one at the start, a snack if you were lucky and a family meal around supper time. Whether it's ideal for athletes... probably not.

Top Bottom