Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi Im Kendel - 27 yrs old - 375lbs - help

GSXeclipsePSI

Hi I'm Kendel.

I joined because of a good friend who referred me to the site. Recently I have decided that I need to loose weight. In high school I was active and never home always on the move hiked went to the mall and would walk around town. I was about 275lbs then and wanted to loose weight. I would normally eat one meal a day or less at that time. After hig school I stayed around that weight til 2007 when I moved to Florida and began gaining wait cause of the heat and wanting to be sitting down in doors. Started playing video games a lot and not really too active as my weight jumped to 330lbs. In 2010 I was involved in a stabbing while being asleep and this left me sleepless and panic attacks regularly. I have been classified as having Anxiety, Borderline personalty disorder and major depression. I started never going out of the house and started eating more then I should. My daily activity was goin to the bathroom and to the car. I food shopped with motorized cart. I got hooked on pizza cause I could never leave my house. About 5 months ago I have started to relax and sleep and feel like a "normal" person. Since June of 2010 I have been on zoloft and respidone and I have moved up to 377lbs. This has hinder most of my life. There are 100 things I can't do and I'm sick and tired of how I look. Now on to what I eat. In high school I ate anything and stayed that weight over 6 year period and I lost a little weight on trimspa and meals at set times of day. Since 2007's move to Florida I have stopped eating fast food more then once a week. I have not since high school eaten a lot of fast food or super fatty foods but nothing really gold for me. July 31 2012 I decided to start a diet and start to get moving by walking. I'm a picky eater and am starting to try new things. I have been walking between .33 mile around my block upto 2 miles a day for the last 8 days and a 1200 calorie diet and I felt great plus I got a trial at a gym. Now I don't have much money to diet I have about $50 month for anything extra. I get $200 in food stamps plus a little cash on top. I have a car and like going to walk in state parks or the beach for free. I have talked to two people who say I should be on a higher calorie diet.

So I'm here for advice you know my background. I manage now to burn 300-400 cories a day at my weight and its killing me but I'm doing it mostly walking around my block. I have a Motorola motoactiv fitness tracker I use along with the Android app. I count my calories and cardio with the app myfitness pal. I really love these apps they help me to have fun with working out and I love bar codes now. If I eat out its healthy. I have a home scale but it only goes to 330lbs.

There are a few things I dont eat so I'll list them. I will not budge on sea food. Anything else I'm willing to try. I dont eat - peppers *mixed small pcs I don't mind them*, spinach, onions, pickles, mustard, horseradish, mayo, tomatoes raw, lettuce *can't seem to get a taste for it* dressings unless light ranch or snack wrap or taco, cucumbers, wheat bread *started having white wheat if I have sandwich, olives, chilli or beans * I like green beans, yams, egg plant, mushroom.

I love - chicken, steak/beef, patatos, broccoli, corn, peanut butter, bacon, eggs scrambled, cheese, tomato sauce, apples, carrots, bananas, grapes, cereal, turkey, pork, juices and milk. Peanuts and cheesitz and other low calorie snacks companies make if I have sweats at all.

So there you go that should give you a good idea about me and maybe can suggest meal plan. I have been on YouTube looking up work outs high in calorie burning and for work outs on a budget. I never really worked out before so I don't know how many reps or sets I should be doing and what not.

Please help I need to loose weight cause I know its killing me. I don't have money to see pro's so I turn to the power of the internet. Like I said I can now do about 300 calories a day work out compared to zero for two years. I'll post a picture of me on here so you can see my body type. I don't have fat arms or really big legs but large chest and stomach. The forums are stopping me from uploading a URL so maybe I can find another way to provide a picture, my avatar was about 10 months ago.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Alright guys let's get some good info going here. I am the one that referred him to the site an have provided some info for him already but def need some more help with him. Vets you know who you are please lend a helping hand.

"you will never be happy with your results, but that shouldn't deter you from trying to obtain your goals"

~Me

Bump.

"you will never be happy with your results, but that shouldn't deter you from trying to obtain your goals"

~Me

Let's grow has probably explained this to u but the first step is revamping ur diet. U need to start taking in less calories and less fats and sugars. U need to put a plan together and count ur calories with a breakdown of proteins, carbs and fats. Its usually pretty eye opening when u detail out ur diet and begin tracking urself.
Start drinking tons of water. Seafood is great given that it's not fried or broiled in butter. Chicken of course is also excellent. Try eating less starchy carbs and more veggies. Tons of veggies.... they'll fill u up at much less calories than breads, potatoes and rice.

Its great that ur walking more. Start slow and get something to listen to during Long walks so u don't get burned out. Then look at getting a n inexpensive bike and start riding everywhere. U need to turn itself into an active person.

Focus on diet and moving more for now.

Ull get there u just have to stay committed.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

Some good advice has been given thus far. Watch extreme makeover weightliss addition. No , I'm not joking, that show is incredibly motivating and has some pretty powerful moments. The number one thing you should be focussing on is cutting out the starchy carbs and replacing with veggies. Green veggies to be more direct, broccoli, celery , spinach, munch on these if you find yourself getting Hungry. Drink a ton of water and No SODA or diet soda. That shit is evil. Water water water. And just think to yourself, do you want to live a long healthy life full of opportunity, fun experiences and memorie making? Or be trapped indoors because you can not conquer your own demons. You have made the first step in reaching out which is great! Now take the next step and really commit to yourself. Start a log up here
So you can track your goals and receive words of wisdom from other members, this site is great , welcome aboard and goodluck :)

Ride it like you stole it!!

Your good bro Lets Grow brought this to my attention.
WOW brother. Its so wonderful that you are wanting to change yourself and your life.
The thing is bro things have progressed so so far. Its not hopeless but dude this is a big dam mountain.
I know that you said funds are tight but bro I have to ask you have you sought out professional help? The reason that I am asking this is because things have gone so far. I dont wanna put you off in any way bro really and truely I dont.
But I do need to ask, have you considered the Lap Band? That would be my first thought. If you have thought of that and dont have the funds then we move on in our own little world here.
So will wait for you to respond.
Meanwhile again cuz funds are an issue (isnt that the case for pretty much everybody) have you looked for any kind of assistance with this? Again bro Im not trying to get in your business but am wracking my brain to try to get you the best and fastest help.
Best regards bro and I admire you for asking for help on here.
Good job to you man!

Thanks everyone for pitching in. I am sure there is more good info coming.

~Me

I don't have a lot of advice to add in terms of diet/activity....its mostly been said.
But I can add my encouragement: you have made a big step in realizing that you need help and that you want to change, and coming here for advice.
This is going to take time, and effort and willpower, but I want to tell you that you absolutely CAN DO IT! Don't let anyone or anything deter you from your goals.
You might have setbacks along the way, (and we all do) but take it as a learning experience, and let it make you better and stronger and more determined.
We are all brothers, and we are all here to help each other along the way. Welcome, brother!

thanks guys it feels great that people care. My dad suggested the lapband it I don't think I could benifit from it since my stomach is small anyways. I can't even get a full 2nd plate down at the buffet and I don't pile it one I more or less fill the plate so nothing touches. I been eating the wrong things and I do t have room for a big meal. But if it could help more I can look more into it. About 3 months ago I filled for SSI and I'm hoping to get that so I can get more of my expenses paid on my own and focus on loosing weight so I can work a normal job. What should my calorie goal be. The my fitness pal app on andriod is great and it helps me keep track of everything you guys mention I should be watching other then calories. I don't seem to be eating high carbs or fatty foods. I bought a 3lb bag of broccoli from walmart can't wait to eat it. So far I am down over 5 l s in a little over a week and I already feel lighter on my feet. I am no longer using motorized car. I started doing weight training and busted out a good workout today. I'm hoping if I get SSI I could get Medicare and seek help from professional. Once I am under control and weight is lower I plan on returningto work.

Top Bottom