Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

here's what i came up w/. tell me if i can lose weight like this

smr91481

ok. i've been doing some figuring. tell me is this would be good for losing bodyfat..

first of all...
i'm 19 yrs old, 5'8 225, probably about 25% bf.

here's what i'm thinking...

cals/pro/carbs/fat

meal 1: egg white omelet
3 egg whites, 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of nofat cheese.
125/18/4/3

meal 2: nitro tech protein drink
16 oz of skim milk, 2 scoops of nitro tech
391/57/30/4

meal 3 (post workout): 2 fried chicken breasts, no skin. (i'll have to pick this up on the way to work)
633/114/0/16

meal 4: 1 6oz can of tuna
150/32.5/0/1

totals: 1299 cals/221 pro/34 carbs/28 fat

how does this look? i know the friend chicken may not be a great idea but it's quick, easy, and cheap. i'm broke.

Originally posted by BigAndy69:
I don't have much time, but I'll tell you this, you will gain fat on 1300 cals. Your metabolism will slow down.

Try again

i was told before that anything over 1200 wouldn't slow it down. do you know the exact #. i want to take in as few as possible w/o screwing myself.

bro, that is just too little calories
Add 3 tbsp of FLAXseed oil , 3 times a day
1 in the morning/ 1 noon/ 1 b4 bedtime
(that's +400cal) and ---this is CRUCIAL---
add 1/2 to 1 cup of OATMEAL (plain) to your breakfast (1/2 cup oat meal is, 150 cal, 27carbs, 3 g fat, 5 g protein AND good fiber)
-------->I reccomend 1 cup of oatmeal<-----
so now what we have done is brought up your 1300 cal, to 2000 cal (if 1cup oatmeal)
(your original diet is good, just needed a little tune up)
This will surely keep your metabolism, humming along and will make you loose steady bf% while saving the precious muscle tissue.
My 2cents
Mr.X

is the reasoning behind too little calories in this kids case 1300 due to starvation mode or is that not cutting tem enough

Originally posted by Mr.X:
bro, that is just too little calories
Add 3 tbsp of FLAXseed oil , 3 times a day
1 in the morning/ 1 noon/ 1 b4 bedtime
(that's +400cal) and ---this is CRUCIAL---
add 1/2 to 1 cup of OATMEAL (plain) to your breakfast (1/2 cup oat meal is, 150 cal, 27carbs, 3 g fat, 5 g protein AND good fiber)
-------->I reccomend 1 cup of oatmeal<-----
so now what we have done is brought up your 1300 cal, to 2000 cal (if 1cup oatmeal)
(your original diet is good, just needed a little tune up)
This will surely keep your metabolism, humming along and will make you loose steady bf% while saving the precious muscle tissue.
My 2cents
Mr.X

that sounds pretty reasonable. where can i get flaxseed oil? just at any grocery store. and how do i take it...mix it w/ my meals or something?

Okay, I'm back.

Broke? Tuna, eggs, and oatmeal are not all that expensive. Nitrotech: save some money and switch to a cheaper powder. It might not have the superior nitrogen delivery system that makes other whey proteins obsolete but a 5 lb tub of prolab whey or optimum whey will do.

Eat a dozen eggs and a couple of cans of tuna. 4meals? I don't think so, try 6 meals(I eat 7). I'm assuming that you are looking to make a lifestyle change and that you want permanent changes: that's going to take time and patience. Try the 1g of carbs and 1.3g of protein approach. It will be heathlier and easier to stick to. Of course I am assuming that you train very hard at the gym.

so 225g of carbs: 293g of protein: roughly 40-46g of fat. Roughly 2500 cals.

Meal1: 12 egg whites
2 yolks
Oatmeal(3g of pro)
Apple
50g of carbs, 53 of pro

M2: 50g of protein powder(40g of pro)
10 oz of skim milk(12 g of pro, 20g of carbs)
.25 of banana
30g of carbs, 53g of pro

M3: Pre workout(1 hour before): Small Yam or brown rice or oatmeal or beans (30g of carbs)
1.5cans of tuna (50g of pro)
1.5 tablespoons of half fat mayo
35g of carbs, 55 g of pro

M4: Post-workout(right after): 2 del Monte 250 ml apple juices. (54g of carbs)
Rest of banana(17-20g of carbs)
40g of whey
80g of carbs, 40 g of pro.

M5: 1 hour after M4: 1.5 cans of tuna (50g of protein)
25g of carbs from veggies
Olive oil, I don't think you'll like the flax

M6: I don't know get about 40g of protein from powder maybe.

At 5'8, 225, 25%bf:
I would think 2500 cal would be too much for you, because your lean weight (let's say at 10%bf) would be roughly 190lbs (after dropping some extra water I assume)
Now at this weight to maintain muscle mass and loose some bf% thereafter, you would need about 11 cal per lb of bodyweight so around 190 x 11= 2100 cal
Now as for the flaxseed, you can get it at GNC, I got mine at max-muscle, but I think you are probably better of ordering it online, (it's probably cheaper that way)
you can have it w/ meals, or on empty stomach
My 2cents
Mr.X

Top Bottom