Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's a delicious & nutritious dinner recipe!

IslandGirl

IslandGirl's Tofu Stir Fry

I just made this recipe up earlier in the week and I thought I would share it with everyone. It may not have enough protein for some, but you can always substitute the tofu with chicken or something like that.

The following makes 2 servings, each serving containing roughly 350 calories (I eat more than 1 serving!):

6 tsps extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsps minced garlic (depending on preference)
2-3 splashes low sodium soy sauce
approx. 1 tbs teriyaki sauce
1/2 - 3/4 cup broccoli florets (cut small)
1/2 cup carrot strips (sliced very thinly)
6 oz extra firm tofu, sliced into approx. 1" cubes
1/3 cup snow peas (left whole, ends cut off)
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts

1/2 cup whole wheat couscous

Using a full-size frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium flame. Add garlic & soy sauce/teriyaki sauce for taste. Add ingredients in the order listed, at roughly 5 minute increments. Tofu and snow peas can be added at the same time, as can the mushrooms and onions. Water chestnuts should be added only about 3 minutes before the end of cooking time.

Total cooking time: approx. 25-30 minutes.

About 10 minutes before stir fry is done, bring just under 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous. Return to boil, lower heat, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Let stand covered for approx. 5 minutes until stir fry is finished. Fluff with a fork.

Place stir fry over couscous and voila! A delicious and nutritious dinner!

HappyScrappy said:
what about those that don't like stir fry, nor tofu?
what about lentil pilaf (sp?)?

uh oh... domestic dinner related dispute... i'm staying outta this one!!! hehe

(IG- can happy cook.... if not, you know what to tell him :) opps.... i guess i didn't stay out afterall!)

I'm AMAZING at cooking. if by cooking you mean anything to do with pancakes, boiling, or ice cream :)

I also am a whiz with the microwave.

that said, I'm not knocking her cooking - and I certainly don't expect her to cook for me, just pointing out certain things that I personally don't care for.
she is obviously welcome to do whatever the hell she wants.

I'm not knocking her cooking

well, it sure sounds like a knock to me!

I certainly don't expect her to cook for me,

ummm, i think you expect it just a little :)

just pointing out certain things that I personally don't care for.

well good then - that's more for me! and i don't see your problem with stir fry - I can see not liking tofu, but what is wrong with, say, chicken and vegetables cooked in olive oil over a bed of rice or couscous? Does everything need to be baked or something in your world?

IslandGirl said:
in olive oil over a bed of rice or couscous? Does everything need to be baked or something in your world?

hee hee - you know I only eat nothing but butter.

and you know that I don't expect you to cook - the only thing I'm definitely planning on mooching off of you is your drive to eat so well, all the veggies and fruit and stuff.
other than that, I'll likely get back to varients of my tuna mush diet.

two more days beeotch

IslandGirl you are making me very hungry........its sounds delecious........
I would probably use chicken ...........
Hey you 2 love birds, we are talking about food here arent we:p ohhhhh only 2 days and counting........
Thanks for that recepie IslandGirl:)

Top Bottom