Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hemp Oil

ZKaudio

Plat Hero
Platinum
yes, hemp oil has a nice omega profile

Wondering if I should include a Tbs or so of this in my diet. My only source of EFA's right now are 2Tbs daily of Fish oil.....getting a little over 8g EPA/DHA.

Would the hemp oil be a nice addition to the fish oil?

good point, you already have the 2:1 ratio going... unless you are in need of more fats, don't throw it in. If you need more fat in zee diet then it's definitely a good choice. I like it right up there with flax.

ZKaudio said:
yes, hemp oil has a nice omega profile
Just wondering if the fish oil is taking care of all of my omega 3 needs and perhaps I should just use other fats for my remaining fat intake.

ZKaudio said:
good point, you already have the 2:1 ratio going... unless you are in need of more fats, don't throw it in. If you need more fat in zee diet then it's definitely a good choice. I like it right up there with flax.

Three of my meals are P/F only, and two of thos I take a Tbs of fish oil. The other meal I get my fat from full fat cheese, or I make a protein shake with a couple Tbs of heavy cream.

Hemp oil is about as good as flax seed oil

Some say it is even better (see below)

What are the benefits of hemp seed oil over flax oil? The (3:1) ratio of the Essential Fatty Acids, three parts linoleic acid (Omega 6) to one part alpha-linolenic acid (Omega 3) in hemp seed oil is favorable for the human diet because it matches the nutritional requirements of our bodies. Too much of one will cause a deficiency of the other. Flax oil, despite its higher Omega 3 content, has a less favorable ratio (1:5). Long-term exclusive use of flax oil can lead to a deficiency of Omega 6, producing symptoms like dry skin, papery skin and joint pain.Unlike hemp oil, flax oil does not contain Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), a derivative of Omega 6, and an important triple- unsaturated fatty acid vital for human metabolism. Hemp Oil may be successful in the treatment of eczema, pre-menstrual tension and arthritis.

Top Bottom