Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Helping wife with CKD - any and all assistance appreciated...

hardbodyhopeful

I am helping my wife, who is 2 months post the birth of our second (and final) child, lose weight and improve her fitness level.

We have had success in the past with a cyclical ketogenic diet, which is why I designed the attached nutrition plan and supplementation regimen. I took sever nutrition classes in college and have worked as a paralegal in the medical field for 15+ years now and have come to know the body as a fascinating, interlinked multi-system organism, which is how I approach diet and physical improvement.

That said, I would appreciate any and all criticism, comments, suggestions that you can offer - please be as detailed as possible - I may understand most of what is said and will not hesitate to ask about what I do not.

Bottom line - no ego here, I love my wife and for each of our own sake's and so that we can be healthier for our children, I want to help her become the best, healthiest and strongest that she can be.

Her current stats are: Age: 38. Height: 5' 4" Weight: 223 lbs. BF: 40%.

We have access to a good amount of gym and cardio equipment in the home, so I look forward to submitting and discussing workout routines in the future, but for now, I would just appreciate dietary suggestions to optimize the weight loss back to within reason for her height (say 125 - 140 lbs.)...then work from there. I am not being unreasonable...expecting better part of the next year in order to accomplish this.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

- TIM

Im no expert but id say increase the fats and lower the carbs. 50g is the threshold for carbs but if u lower it u'll hit ketosis quicker. Im looking at makin a run soon and im goin to target 20g and less to to make a quick transition.

Sent from my htc t-bolt using the elitefitness app.

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I went over the diet this weekend, reducing carb intake from 50g to 29g / day. Works out as follows: Protein: 31% , Carbs: 6.5%, Fat: (most all healthy, monounsaturated, etc.) 62%. Total calories at 1,815 / day with calorie output noted between 2,500 - 2,800 / day. Hoping to keep the deficit at 1,000 / day for about a 2 lb. / week weight loss, if that is sustainable. Hoping this carb decrease, along with continued exercise for elevated calorie expenditure, will produce some results regarding ketosis.

Top Bottom