Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a helpfull post about general diet guide lines fo a bodybuilder

OMEGA

a helpfull post about general diet guide lines fo a bodybuilder

STRATEGIES FOR DIETING [/b]

1.Increase the METABOLIC RATE by having 6 meals, or if you already eat 6 meals a day, eat 7 .

2.Reduce the calories from Carbs and increase the calories from Protein. Remember that too much Carbs reduce the body's ability of burn fat!

3.Switch Complex carbs for Vegetables. Reduce the foods dense in calories with small volume, but maintain About the same caloric intake.

Let's have a look inside at the macro-nutrientes and essencials factors:

PROTEIN

-Consume 40g Protein/meal (it can vary depending to the individual weight), the rule is 1 to 1.5 or 2 g per pound of bodyweight. This is garantee that the muscle mass is preserved when dieting and supling the body with enugh protein for growth.

The protein should be divided in Shakes and solid foods.

CARBS

-About 40g/meal, but again it varies depending on the individual bodyweight , the rule is 1g to 1.5g per pound of bodyweight .

Examples of how the carbs should be split on the diet:

A)Meals 1 and 3:
-50 to 75g carbs

B)Meals 2 and 4:
-40 to 50g carbs

C)Meals 5 and 6:
-no measurements...
If you feel you need carbs , do not consume more than 20g.

OBS* Carbohydrates eaten at night tend to be stored as bodyfat because they are not used immediately for energy.

Do not cut fruits from the diet, but eat less.

Ideal sources of carbs:
-sweet potato, oat meal, brown rice
If you do not eat this, you can eat :
-baked potatoes, white rice and whole bread but try to enphatise the first options...

ESSENTIAL HEALTHY FATS
-Remove unhealthy fats like satured and trans fats.
10 to 15% calories should come from essential fats.

*Good sources of FAT (healthy FAT):
-Flaxseed oil, oilve oil, fat contained in fish like salmon, natural peanut butter (without excess salt and no suggar added)

VEGETABLES

-They can be eaten without "limits" .
Be careful with the amount of carrot, pea, corn.

-cauliflower, brocoli, spinash you can eat as much you want!

WATER

-drink up to a galon per day (3 to 4 liters)

CHEAT FOODS

-Allow yourself to eat a cheat food once or twice a week, I would recomend it more for an individual with fast metabolism...

-------------------------------------------------------
CARDIO

-Rule of thumb is to do 20 to 60 min/day
moderate rythm

The best form to perfom CARDIO and burn fat without burn muscle:

-Start at a moderate rate, for 5 minutes, after that start to cycle the intensity and increase the intensity to 90% for 30seconds , than reduce to 50 to 60% for 60-90 seconds and then increse the intensity again

Nice post but you don't need so much protein under normal conditions but only when you're cutting.Eitherway carbs are used for energy and they certainly preserve muscle mass.

I don't agree with the water recomendations at all! UP to a gallong of water? Seems to me that a gallon should be the minimum. For what reason do you suggest such a low amount?

I think that I understand the reason why he suggests such a "low" water consumption.

He tried to present the general diet guidelines for a bb in his post and when you write about something general(guidelines) for a specific topic (bodybuilding) you are refering to the amateurs/starters.

If you are very experienced you just don't need to look at the guidelines but at all the small things that you can manipulate in your diet schedule to achieve a better recovery and create the optimum enviroment for muscle growth or maintainance.

Top Bottom