Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help a fat guy drop bf% please

blownsi

Quickly here's a brief history. Been chunky all my life. In 1999 I started body for life. I did it for a year and got down to 186 and 16%bf. I decided to take off some time to rest and well here it is 3 years later and I weigh 230 and according to the tanita scale my body fat is 30%. This comes out to almost 70lbs of fat.
First off I never stopped lifting, just quit cardio and supplements (ECA). While also eating & drinking too much I am sure is a big part too. Anyway after seeing a recent picture of me I was like wow am I fat. So I found this board and decided to order some thermorexin. I plan on starting my cut up as soon as it arrives. I figure I need to lose at least 40-50lbs. Hopefully by Christmas or so. My plan is to cut carbs as much as possible eating only greens and grains and dropping alcohol altogether. For cardio I have a non-mtorized treadmill fixed at 10% incline. Should I do 45m walking or a 20m interval run/ walk? A few years ago that was the latest greatest cardio. As for lifting I already train a muscle group a day 6 days per week. Should I continue this and then add the cardio afterwards or do a 90min weight session once a week just to keep from losing mucsle skipping the cardio that day?

So far my plan looks as follows:
Monday: Chest/45m walk
Tuesday: Back/20m Interval
Wednesday: Shoulders/45m walk
Thursday: Arms/20m Interval
Friday: Legs/45m walk
Saturday: Abs/20 Interval
Sunday: Rest and no dieting

Too much cardio?
Is my goal unrealistic?

Blownsi...Welcome to the board!
First you need to find your BMR (Basil Metabolic Rate). This is your caloric maintenance that your body needs to survive for a homeostasis. Then drop you calories about 600-800 below that until you stop losing. Next, you need to consume very clean calories in proportions of 5-7 meals spread out throught the day (breakfast being very important). Check the other threads for some diet plans....just do a little research on it. Then keep your lifting at 5 days per week (45-60 min. per session). Cardio, IMO, should be roughly at a moderate intensity for 30-45 4-5 days per week. Obviously you will have to tweek some of this in order to accomodate your schedule, lifestyle, health, etc.. but if you're devoted, it will happen. Just do a little research on your diet, as it will certainly be what makes or breaks you. Good luck and let us know what you decide on and how it works out.

Top Bottom