Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help With Diet!

HardGainer95

Hello, Im new to the website and kind of new to weight lifting. I am 6'1, 150(very skinny)and 18 years old. I've been working out for about 9 months with a few friends but never cared about nutrition. (i know i messed up and that it was dumb not to think of nutrition) but about a week ago i started recording down what i've been eating and trying to get about 3500 calories a day and about 325 g of protein. I don't know if this is enough or to little so i was hoping to get a little feedback from anyone who knows a good amount about diet. I take a scoop of protein about 30 minutes before workout and 2 scoops of weight gainer after. I want to make sure i know exactly what i'm doing so i don't put another day of working out to waste. If you have any tips or anything with lots of calories or protein, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Okay. I don't have a SET diet of what to eat when but i try and consume at least 3500 calories and around 300 grams of protein. I have high metabolism so i try and eat as often as possible.
This is all what i had to eat yesterday.

Breakfast:
-2 raw large eggs in orange juice
-protein shake-milk, scoop of protein, and 3/4 cup of oatmeal
-Greek yogurt
I went to workout about 30 minutes later so I took creatine with some water during breakfast
I worked out for about an hour and 45 minutes. Then I went home and had 2 scoops of weight gainer
About 30 minutes later i ate 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and a PB&J sandwich with a glass of milk
Then I went to hockey for an hour and a half and came home and had one more scoop of protein
With the shake, I had a turkey sandwich (turkey chunks, not slices) with mustard, I had more greek yogurt and a cup of cottage cheese.
2 and a half hours later i had a 8 oz. chicken breast with some carrots and water (I should have had more with it but i was in a hurry)
Then about 2 hours later i had a 1/2 cup of almonds and 2 more raw eggs with OJ
Before i went to bed i had a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

I woke up around 10:30 that day so on a day where i would go to school id eat more food because i would be awake longer.
I think i calculated it out to be around 3500 calories and 327 grams of protein.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Like i said im new to the dieting part and i want to adjust it and make it right so another day doesn't go to waste.
Thanks guys.

You're diet doesnt seem too bad since you arent really looking at anything else than putting on the pounds! But cook dem eggs bro... Hard boiled or whatever but don't do raw harder to digest. Also add more vegetables in that diet! need the vitamins and minerals they provide, leafy greens and stuff like that and more fruit also! Water consumption is good though keep up the work! Lift hard, eat big :RADAR

Okay, thanks man. I don't put a lot of greens in there because I used to not like em, but for the past few days I've been trying more and finding out I actually like em. And the next day I threw a fruit protein shake in the diet and will do the same today. Thanks for the help, but what do you think of the calorie intake and protein intake?? Hows that?

Sent from my HTC One X using EliteFitness

You weigh 150? You should/will pack on the pounds eating over 300g protein per day. That's almost a bit excessive, in my opinion - I'm a mesomorph so I'm right in the middle and never really had to worry about this but if you are an ectomorph you should probably up your carbs. Sounds you just started focusing on nutrition so you will have a trial and error period. Main thing is to stay consistent once you find what works! You're 6'1 - any muscle you gain is spread out over that frame - start mowing down them calories.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me7wf5FGQc1qg1vd7.jpg

Your Body Type - Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph? | Muscle & Strength

i have been an ecto all my life. i weighed about 115-120 pounds in high school.. it sucked.. i started working out and eating better when i was 15 and made a lot of progress up until my senior year. enough where i was county champ in weightlifting and won a scholarship for football. you need to workout and put in the hours in the gym, i worked out 2 straight years from 16-18, even over the summer i would go in to my school gym.. there were about 20 of us commited .. it makes a huge difference, the more hours you put in while you are young the easier it will be to build muscle as you age

since then of course my diet has improved as i have aged and my metabolism has slowed. so be a lil patient and keep working at it and good things will come. your diet you listed is one of a typical teenager, its not gonna build you much of any muscle but it will keep your hunger down and get you through your day cheaply

in my signature below i have a bulking diet, it was designed exactly for skinny dudes like yourself.. its the same diet i used to bulk up myself and i did my best to keep it affordable cause i know young guys don't have much money to spend on food. you will look at it and be like shit none of those foods on there i ever even eat!! you aren't gonna build mass on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches.. or milk or protein shakes. none of those things are REAL FOOD. that what you need to learn, and thats the secret

PS: please don't have the attitude that just cause you are an ecto you can never build muscle.. thats bullshit and don't anyone ever tell you otherwise. its all gonna come down to diet and training. all things being equal i would rather be an ecto then be an endo. especially as you get older.

Top Bottom