Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP! - I can't sleep while cutting

Can anybody find a single study that states lactose will cause water retention?

Go on, I challenge you.

I don't believe that milk crap and water retention either, Sure it holds some water but no more than a similary glycemicly rated carb beverage.

How high is lactose on the index?

I've found this info at http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/diet/Karl-Diary/p1.htm

"Another hormone from the pituitary, ADH, absorbed regularly from pasteurized milk causes water retention. ACTH, a powerful adrenal stimulator, absorbed regularly from pasteurized milk contributes to everything from diabetes and hypertension to Addison's Disease (adrenal exhaustion), and acne."
It'd seem that most of the negative effects milk has are actually caused by pasteurisation. Raw milk has enzymes for the digestion of both milk fat and lactose that are destroyed by pasterisation. The same for calicum absorbtion etc. But it'd also seem that water retention etc. are caused by high processing that pasteurised milk goes through.
That site states pasteurised milk has only been an excuse to mask low quality/dirty milk. His answer is high quality controlled raw milk.
I think he might be right.

I love milk, but I do feel better in my digestive tract when I'm not drinking (even if I miss it). I still think that water retention or similar problems are not caused by a moderate/low consume, or at least not in a visible way.

Milk is low glycaemic (27 full fat, 32 skimmed), but it'd also seem pasteurisation transforms lactose in beta-lactose, a higher glycaemic form of it.

By the way, I love cappuccinos and caffelattes....

Top Bottom