Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

helathiest fish in the market

Martin55

Hi guys, for those who live in the usa, which fish would you recommend with the highest nutritional value and the best as protein source for people like in my case bulking.

All fish is different, but you can divide it into two major categories - red fatty fish and white fish. Red fatty fish would be things like salmon - it is very healthy because in addition to having a clean nutrition profile (lots of protein, no carbs), it has healthy fats with tons of omegas. White fish is cleaner in terms of fat, so it is a bit less healthy because there are less fatty acids, but this kind of fish may fit better those who want to avoid fat and are on a very strict diet. An example of such fish is tuna.

The most important thing to look for when purchasing fish is to see the words 'wild caught' on the label.

If it doesn't say wild caught, it will be farm raised. I wouldn't feed farm raised fish to my worst enemy. They are raised in over populated and very polluted fish ponds and fed GMO soy and corn. This leads to a fish that is full of toxins and with a very poor fatty acid profile. Farm raised fish has very little omega 3 content.

Wild caught fish will be caught in the ocean. The fish will have eaten what fish SHOULD be eating - little fish, algae, plankton etc.

Both frozen and fresh fish are fine, just always look for wild caught. If buying frozen, read the ingredient list because some frozen varieties will have a lot of preservatives added.

If you are eating fish as a main protein source then good for you. People do not eat enough of it. I would do salmon or another fatty fish 1-2 times per week and then your choice for the "white" fish. As mentioned, just do not get farm raised fish.

Top Bottom