Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heathies cakes to buy and eat

Arnold Machine

Hi , I was wondering if you can have cake while your trying to lose weight, I have heard there are some low calories cakes, under 250 calories per serving, I would like to know which ones would you recommend for a person on a cutting diet, thank you.

When you say low fat cake, are you referring to those low fat protein cookies/cakes? Because any normal cake is going to be loaded with calories and have around 500-600 calories per slice. Especially things like cheesecake are extremely calorie dense.

Protein cookies/cakes taste awesome but the macros really aren't great. It would basically be the equivalent of drinking a protein shake and eating a cookie.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of carbs.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

If your goal is fat loss - stick with a high quality whey isolate. If you want a treat, try mixing the protein powder into oatmeal. It tastes like those instant oatmeal packets you used to eat as a kid that are full of sugar.

The only thing you can do is look up some recipes that would be based on whey isolate protein. Any cake is going to be terrible when cutting.

Top Bottom