Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heart palpitations while gym exercising?

BUBBLES

Elite M0derator
Platinum
Has anyone here had any heart palpitations (& dizziness, shortness of breath, trembling) while working out at the gym (doing cardio) ? What was the outcome if you have had it checked out and how do you continue exercising? :heart: :worried:

um.... see a doc, a cardiologist if you can. i'm not saying you have congestive heart failure or something, but you should really get your cholesterol checked, and have them do a stress test.

if anything, it will give you piece of mind to know that you're ok, and they'll likely be able to give you advice on what to do.

did you just start doing cardio, or have you been doing cardio for a long while?

the guy on the couch said:
um.... see a doc, a cardiologist if you can. i'm not saying you have congestive heart failure or something, but you should really get your cholesterol checked, and have them do a stress test.

if anything, it will give you piece of mind to know that you're ok, and they'll likely be able to give you advice on what to do.

did you just start doing cardio, or have you been doing cardio for a long while?

Hi, I have been doing cardio for a long time but 4 weeks ago my heart rate went up really fast from 123 HB/m to 171 HB/m within a few seconds and its been happening often since then. I eat right & exercise but these heart palpitations really scare me. I went to the doc/cariologist and now I am awaiting my results. The only problem is he said unless I am having the ECG at that particular moment when I get my hreat palpitations he cannot really tell which part of my hear is not working right...

I was wondering if anyone on this board had similar experiences and what was the outcome.

I can't remember the name of the syndrome, but a good cardiologist should be able to recognize Wolfe-white syndrome (I think that was the name...white wolf? whyte wolf? wolfe whyte.....) which is VERY common in women and includes daily heart palpitations. It can be serious but alot of women live with this without many problems. Be advised though that many "bottom of the barrel" cardiologists don't know, or understand anything about this particular syndrome. Do a search on google if you can. Check the symptoms and bring it up with your cardiologist.

However, as was mentioned. See your doc immediately! This is your heart you're talking about here.

I get heart palpatations, but rarley when I'm working out infact I only get them about four times a year, bu they have still scared me enough to not take anything ephedra. But now my mind may be changing... chances are there's nothing wrong with your heart, glad you got it checked out, but I would'nt obsess over it. Just my 2 cents..

I've had issues with palpitations and tachycardia. my heart rate would get especially fast when lifting, from 120-160 bpm. i went to the cardiologist and was diagnosed with super ventricular tachycardia, more specifically, a sinus arrythmia. apparantly SVT is not uncommom, and sinus arrythmia is more common in younger individuals (i'm only 22). anyway, i went through ekg's, echocardiogram, wore a holter moniter for 30 days. in the end, the doc told me my heart was healthy, there was nothing they could permanently fix with an ablation procedure, and put me on a low dose beta-blocker to control the symptoms. it's helped quite a bit, and while i'm not thrilled about being on a beta-blocker all the time, i guess it's better than my heart feeling like it's going to beat right through my chest and run away.

i wouldn't necessarily think your situation is the same as mine, because mine was a gradual thing. the palpitations started a few years ago, and began to start happening more frequently and sometimes lasting awhile, so i went and did something about it.

some people get what's basically a "short-circuit" in their heart muscle in which some cells aren't conducting electrical signals properly, or are sending out their own. in these cases, an ablation can be done where they use an ultrasound on a small tube to "zap" the group of cells. i assume this kills those cells, but the procedure is common and supposedly very safe, so i guess it gets the job done. in any case, this wasn't an option for me since the electrophysiologist couldn't find any particular area that would be causing the problems. he felt it was more of a hypersensitivity to adrenergic stimulation. sucks, cause no more stimulant fat burners for me in the future.

talk to your doc about wearing a holter moniter for awhile. 1 day is not enough, although that's all most docs make you wear one for. like i said my doc had me wear it for 30 days. while it's definitely an inconvenience, it gives your doc alot more to go by when trying to make a diagnosis. an echo might not be a bad idea either.

young guns said:
r

some people get what's basically a "short-circuit" in their heart muscle in which some cells aren't conducting electrical signals properly, or are sending out their own.

My doc. mentioned something about short-circuit, but he has been conducting some blood tests too for ie thyroid to see if the adrenaline has anything to do with it (since I took fatburners in the past which may have affected it) and also magnesium tests. I am curious about the results and hope everything will be fine...I just realized how vulnerable we humans can be ...one day feeling really well and then the next it feels like everything is ending!!!

I really appreciate everyones response to my questions. Thank you... :)

Top Bottom