Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Healthy sources of Protein? Concerned about mercury in fish

jd_uk

For those of you that care about your general health rather than just your 'bodybuilding health'...where do you get your different sources of protein from?

According to gotmercury.org (Sea Turtle Restoration Project : Got Mercury?) then i'm only able to eat about 3 tins of tuna per week without going over the safe limit of mercury. Mercury is believe is something that builds up in your body and i don't want to eat 400% of the RDA of mercury for years and years. I also eat a lot of salmon (as it's one of the only healthy sandwiches i can find when i am not at home) so this probably puts me even more over the limit.

This leaves me with the dilemma of where to get my 150-200g protein from per day. I hate having to rely on shakes and chicken is getting more expensive all the time.

I might have to start shooting the pigeons outside my house....

Yeah, a lot of the tuna talk is just simple scaremongering. Normally they use skipjack tuna, which is low in mercury. I've been tested for mercury levels and was about 20% of the recommended maximum blood concentraiton levels, despite consuming about 300g of tuna per day.

But as for other sources: Tipia, sardines (both small no risk fish), chicken, lean beef, wild game, lean pork (not nice tasting though)

As radical as they are, Greenpeace actually offers a legitimate mercury testing service as part of a research project they are doing. You can see where you stand to get a baseline for exposure.

What about canned chicken if you're looking for convenience?

Top Bottom