Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

healthy burgers

michael deacon

guys do you think burger a burger without sauces and without bacon is something you can have once in a while when you are losing weight? I have
poor knowledge about nutrition and I have the idea that what makes burgers unhealthy is the sauces and the bacon, I'm I right or wrong?

The issue, as per many, many posts on Elite is members asking about foods like cream cheese, bagels and, of course, burgers as you are. In today's thread stream there is another posts about burgers (worth a read).

You'll know only too well that years of bad eating habits will have included many visits to a fast food joint or ten. Some of those visits will have included a burger or two. Plus fries and a large soft drink. Having one once in a blue moon isn't the issue. It's the American habit, fast becoming a European one, of some kind of junk food 3 x a week or more.

So tidy the diet. Make your own healthy burgers at home using lean cuts of meat if you must but I don't wanna see a post about ice cream and doughnuts ok!

Let's put it this way - without all those additives, the burger will be less bad, but it would still be like a cheat meal - definitely not something you can eat regularly. So once in a week or two you can have a healthier version of the hamburger as a cheatmeal, but no more than that.

The problem with most store bought hamburgers is that they use very low quality meat and add things like bread crumbs for filler.

If you make your own hamburger patties with nothing but extra lean ground beef - there is nothing wrong with a hamburger at all.

Wrap the hamburger patties in lettuce wraps and use calorie free condiments like mustard, soy sauce or hot sauce and you have a very healthy low carb meal!

Top Bottom