Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

healthiest sandwich from the deli for a bodybuilder

Garrett alfsom

I'm on the road 6 days a week driving a truck and the only thing I can keep without getting sick of besides mc donalds, taco bell and kfc are deli sandwiches, I have to lower my cholesterol and lose weight according to my doc and I would like to know what's the healthiest sandwich your can get at the deli, I love chicken cutlet but it
is breaded chicken and it contains lots of grease so I would like some opinions, thank you

I'm going to say roasted turkey on whole wheat bread. Veggies, hold the mayo and go with olive oil or Balsamic dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with @Maj79

Your best option is going to be a low fat poultry like roasted chicken or turkey, on a hearty whole grain bread, with as many vegetables as possible and no high fat condiments.

I would get roast turkey/chicken on whole grain bread with every vegetable they have available and mustard. Mustard is the best choice of condiment since it contains no calories. Olive oil is healthy but it's very calorie dense and those calories add up quick. Mustard or balsamic vinegar will add flavour with no calories.

The best thing you can do is get a big cooler and pack all your own food. If you are trying to lose weight and lower cholesterol then you need better choices than sandwiches. Tons of veggies are a good starting point, lots of water, good lean cuts of meat like chicken.

I agree with @Maj79

Your best option is going to be a low fat poultry like roasted chicken or turkey, on a hearty whole grain bread, with as many vegetables as possible and no high fat condiments.

I would get roast turkey/chicken on whole grain bread with every vegetable they have available and mustard. Mustard is the best choice of condiment since it contains no calories. Olive oil is healthy but it's very calorie dense and those calories add up quick. Mustard or balsamic vinegar will add flavour with no calories.

I didn't even think about the olive oil. I use it for the fat but he doesn't need that.

The best thing you can do is get a big cooler and pack all your own food. If you are trying to lose weight and lower cholesterol then you need better choices than sandwiches. Tons of veggies are a good starting point, lots of water, good lean cuts of meat like chicken.

That's really is the best way. I travel for a living as well and it takes extra effort to pack that. I have a cooler right now slammed full of meat and veggies and almond milk(love it in my protein shakes)

Food prepping would be the healthiest and cheapest choice for you.

Keep in mind that its much cheaper to prepare big amounts of food in advance instead of stopping and buying food at these chains or gasoline stores.

But if it boils down to it, just go for chicken/turkey meat with wholewheat bread.

processed meat is one of the worst thing you can put in your body

find a grocery store that has healthy prepared foods .. there are plenty out there.. whole foods has a hot food bar.. you can buy a lot of their stuff.. stick it in the fridge/cooler in your truck and then warm it up when you are ready for it

Top Bottom