Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Having problems cutting... plateau?

SgtSlaughter

Diet manipulation.... zig zag calories throughout the week, trying different macro ratios (33/33/33, 50/20/30, 40/30/30), ect... experimentation is key with figuring out how one's body uses which fuels best.

Track what you put in your mouth on www.fitday.com or another FREE tracking website, or your own excel spreadsheet, ect.

Do not cheat... it WILL set you back.

Eat what you want to look like... lean meats, veggies, if it's shiney and blubbery... don't eat it.

Eat for your goals: Want to stay saine and not competing, clean up your diet. Take out sugary foods, increase PLAIN water intake, eat more protein rich foods.

Want to get leaner than your average joe, eat cleaner... 6 or so meals throughout the day, all whole foods except PWO/DWO shake and 1 or 2 semi-cheat (NO fast food, ect..) meals are "ok."

What to get vascular and lean - contest leaness calls for very strict, super clean diet.... NO CHEATING, ect.

SASSY69 said:
Diet: Time to set up efficient burning --- If you are just starting a new diet or made a significant change to what you are currently doing, your body needs some time to adjust to the new changes. If the diet is tuned enough so that it truly works for you (some just don't so you'd have to see how you respond) so you can't expect to change a diet or start a diet & see dramatic results immediately. Sometimes you can drop a bunch of water weight immediately, but for continued efficient burning you need to give your body enough time, keeping the diet or the change consistent for long enough for metabolism to become predictable and spot on.

Does that make any sense? The challenge is getting it consistent - this is critical to effective burning (i.e. your body has "trained" itself to expect the particular diet /schedule and is now running as if it expects to have that same schedule. If you have a food panic and throw down a bunch of crap, it throws off the expected schedule and throws your system for a loop while it tries to respond to what it didnt' expect - so in a sense it has to step back start re-expecting the consistency again -- i.e. sets back the period of successful consistency). And along with that, people tend to screw up the consistency because they haven't really established the HABIT of eating on the new program / schedule for usually 2-3 weeks. Because its foreign to them, they aren't sure if they like it, they haven't mastered managing the food panics, or the schedule is new & maybe needs to be worked on to fit into the rest of the current lifestyle.

^^^ GREAT posts in the women's forum.. ALOT of us should start reading there more, myself included.

- Thanks Sassy! :)

Had alot of diet questions, thought I'd do a little type up in relating them to goals a bit.

oh cheating is as crystal clear as the stain that the grease would leave on your napkin my friend. I think every 2 weeks has it's place, but yeah some go all out, not to say im mr. innocent, but you know when you've set yourself back.

It's actually VERY important to be honest with yourself and find out why you plateaued:

1. Eating more calories than the ones you are burning?
2. Doing half-assed cardio?
3. Easting too little carbs?
4. Adaption?

Each cause will require a different approach, adaptation being the hardest one (no amount of cal cutting or extra cario will get you out of that one). You need to be your own best critic.

I know i'm trying to make my cheat meals good meals, not only in nutritional content, but by going out to great restaurants and getting a great meal. Not only will you be much more satisfied with an expertly prepared tuna steak or lamb shoulder, but it won't be as bad for you as a tub of ice cream. sunday nights have become my date night with my girlfriend, and we always go out for great food and it's kept me sane throughout the cutter i'm running.

im2manly said:
the only thing I disagree with is the cheating thing. I found when I do cheat and increase Kcals on specific planned out days i lose the most weight. Can't forget the thermogenic effect of food. Cheating keeps me sane.

Agree with this post....I was always so super strict with my dietm my wife said I was not human! LOL...

But, you have to do this at some times I found out, it will actually help you maintain lean mass. TEF of food, leptin, etc. is very important to a diet and cannot be overlooked. Besides, there will be less apologies to be made afterwards to your significant other. :)

Funny thing is, common sense would dictate the leaner you get, the more strict you should be. In this case, common sense is incorrect, as the leaner you get it is probably best to "cheat" a bit more. Sensible cheat of course.

The caveat with contest dieting is timing. If you have totally mistimed your diet, then you will have to be willing to sacrifice maybe some lean mass and stay as strict as possible...this is of course due to time constraints.

The contest is a certain day, and will not wait for you to get ready for it. It is going on the scheduled day, and you have to be ready.

So time your diet correctly for your needs.

Lifterforlife said:
Agree with this post....I was always so super strict with my dietm my wife said I was not human! LOL... This sounds familiar :) :verygood:

But, you have to do this at some times I found out, it will actually help you maintain lean mass. TEF of food, leptin, etc. is very important to a diet and cannot be overlooked. Besides, there will be less apologies to be made afterwards to your significant other. :) For those that don't know " TEF = Thermic effect of food" correct?

Funny thing is, common sense would dictate the leaner you get, the more strict you should be. In this case, common sense is incorrect, as the leaner you get it is probably best to "cheat" a bit more. Sensible cheat of course. <--- THIS is where people lose it...

The caveat with contest dieting is timing. If you have totally mistimed your diet, then you will have to be willing to sacrifice maybe some lean mass and stay as strict as possible...this is of course due to time constraints.

The contest is a certain day, and will not wait for you to get ready for it. It is going on the scheduled day, and you have to be ready.

So time your diet correctly for your needs.
:)

Top Bottom