Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guidelines

blaze

Im currently taking xenadrine and restricting my carbs to 10-20gs per day. What are some essential guidelines i shuold follow in order to try to lose fat. Im 5'10, 180lbs, and i dont know what my bf% is. I find that I tend to gain muscle pretty easily with only a little bit of weight lifting. I have tried lower weight and more reps but either way I keep gaining muscle. Right now i jus wanna concentrate on getting more defined and cut before i try to bulk up. thanks

Sorry to say, but I don't believe that your carbs are under 20g/day. If they are, you are going to die!!! At least so will stop being able to think and perform daily functions properly. You need to do more reading on carb restricting diets. 20g is not nearly enough for a day. Maybe 100-150g in a really extreme case, but never 20.

WTF are you talking about?...going to die on 20g carbs a day...i dont think so. Its called a ketogenic diet and theres loads of info on it just about everywhere. Your brain might be foggy for a day or so, but when you adjust to burning ketones you will feel relatively normal.

yea that's exactly what i was thinking, i thought you were supposed to have that low of a carb intake for the ketogenic diet.

Rule#1 Ignore all who insist that you perform more than a hour of strength training per day or more than 2 hours of cardio per week in order to shed bodyfat.

Rule #2 If you have the mindset that you must reduce you calories to ridiculous levels <1000cals/day in order to shed bodyfat, you are doomed to become another statistic.

Rule #3 Understand that on a calorie per calorie level, all foods are not equal. Pay attention to foods that stimulate metabolism rather than curb it. Don't be afraid of food. Food is not your enemy.

Rule #4 Contrary to popular belief, weight training is catabolic, not anabolic. The anabolic stage occurs during a resting period when you are away from the gym. If you want to gain muscle you must keep your workouts brief and get as much rest as possible.

Rule #5 The gym is for building bodies, not for building relationships. get in, bust your ass, then leave. Don't get distracted from your goals. And if you're working out longer than 1.5 hours/day, chances are you're making friends, not building muscle. Remember, it's not how long you train, it's how hard you train.

Rule #6 Don't forget to smell the roses. There's more to life than whipping up whey protein shakes and going under the squat rack with 500lbs. Get out and enjoy other activities such as rollerblading, swimming, cycling, etc. Don't be a "gym geek". Have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom