Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grits vs. Oatmeal

Veretta9

I just bought some Grits to switch up from Oatmeal for a little bit---can anybody tell me the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?

Well grits are polly not as good as oats since they are a little higher gi and contain a little less fiber. But i love grits and have to have them every now and then. Try them out and see if they make a difference. If not then keep eating them. I would just say make sure they are reg. slow cooking grits and not the instant or 5 min ones.

hey veretta i just saw that your from jersey, are you orig. from the south? I have never known a non southerner that like grits.

Nope---born and raised in New Jersey--parents are from New Jersey and grandparents are from Brooklyn---My mother always gave me farina when I was kid and I think they are relatively the same thing but the first actual time I have ever even heard of grits was from watching Ronnie Coleman's Unbeatable movie 2 years ago---I think thats what its called---anyways I have oatmeal every single morning---so a couple days ago I decided to buy grits to change it up---I didn't know they had a higher GI than oatmeal--plus the type I bought I microwave them for 5 minutes and thats it---I guess after I finish them I am going back to oatmeal---too bad because I like them

Top Bottom