Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Greetings! Anyone else over 40 that's slow to lose?

Thanks Keiko-
I glazed over that one word that was buried in your 2nd sentence!

I do have some concerns as a man, however, that too few calories will yield muscle loss.
That's why the Isocaloric Diet seems interesting.
The article I read by Dan Duchaine didn't state anything re the amount of calories.

Does that come into play on Isocaloric or is just the balancing of the 3 macronutrients? Anyone?

thanks

The amount of calories depends on your current weight, BF% and goals. The rule of thumb is 10-12 cals. per pound of current weight if cutting. I haven't lost any muscle, and indeed have made strength gains. Did you read the Diets That Work post--it explains ol' Dan's reasons about why you don't lose muscle.

I'll study up on that.
I would need approx 2316 calories/day,which is perhaps a bit lower than I'm currently consuming.
I think that might do the trick.
thanks...:eek:

There're guys who post here who'll claim that 10-12 cals per pound is too low and that you'll lose muscle, but I think they're all about 22. Unfortunately, I think that the older you get, your cals have to go down some if you want to lose weight--more than when you're younger.

2316 cal ? I doubt if that will do the trick ...

i know it's difficult to believe ...and you are tempted to stick to the 12 x bw formula. You have to go down to 1500. don't worry about muscle loss ... i didn't loss muscles at 1200 cals I only lost fat. just remember to eat 5 - 6 meals a day

Remember, you are 45 ... your metabolism is so low.

Top Bottom