Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Green Tea/Green Tea Extract

Tank67

Someone posted on here a week or so ago about getting green tea or green tea extract... Does anyone know if it works as a dieoretic or just a general metobolic enhancer?

i think that it is just a metabolic enhancer, well i guess it does have many antioxidant properties too

Does anyone know if it works as a dieoretic
not really, in fact I would say no
or just a general metobolic enhancer? yes, but very marginally

Mr.X

its supposed to boost metabolism by 4.5% or so. It is also supposed to be a lipolysis agent as well.

nordstrom said:
its supposed to boost metabolism by 4.5% or so. It is also supposed to be a lipolysis agent as well.

T3+clen can only raise your Metabolic rate 10% at BEST, usually around 5% - green tea does NOT boost the metabolic by (4.5%) the equivalent of T3+clen.

Mr.X

green tea itself is neither a thermogenic (very mild at best) nor is it a stimulant...it acts in a different manner

green tea should be taken as an antioxidant
while it contains the amino acid l-theanine, eccg's, and other beneficial compounds to reap any benefits you'd have to drink at least 10 cups of tea a day
i get green tea powder (go to chinatown ma man) and make ice tea with it
i also drink it hot

most green tea extracts are decaffienated
not that it contained much caffeine to begin with

other teas are beneficial but to a lesser degree

just enjoy it man
hot or cold
sipping tea tends to relax a mind

Mr.X said:

T3+clen can only raise your Metabolic rate 10% at BEST, usually around 5% - green tea does NOT boost the metabolic by (4.5%) the equivalent of T3+clen.

Mr.X

http://www.drhoffman.com/aboutus7/

In a French study, resting metabolic rate increased by 4% after 90mg of EGCG was consumed three times per day.

http://www.diet-pills-compared.com/xenadrine-efx/Xenadrine-Efx-Review.html

A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that when green tea was taken instead of pure caffeine, there was a greater thermogenic effect. This six-week study compared the benefits of pure caffeine (50 mg), green tea extract (with 50 mg of caffeine and 90 mg of EGCG) and placebo. The pills were given three times per day. The green tea group experienced a significant 4% increase in thermogenesis and a 4.5% boost in overall energy expenditure.

im sure other studies imply the same thing but im having trouble digging them up.

Green Tea has a methylxanthine called theophylline in it. It is similar to caffeine. It basically prevents something called cAMP from being degraded by phosphodiesterase. cAMP is an intracellular second messenger.

Green tea TAKEN IN CONJUNCTION with something else that stimulates cAMP (beta 3 agonist maybe) may work well. Alone....it may not do too much.

Ryan

Top Bottom