Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A great tea..Kava Tea.

T

TerraNoble

A great tea..Kava Tea.

I have read good things about kava tea and as a result I just bought some tea; it tastes great.

Many people use the herb for improved sleep.

Strengths vary and some herbs can be very powerful. Kava Kava can indeed help you relax. It has been used for relaxation, as a sleeping aid, and for depression and nervousness.

Studies show that Kava Kava differs from the drugs like Xanax or Valium. It has the unique ability to relax an anxious person while not impairing memory or causing dizziness. The herb works by soothing and relaxing emotions but can actually improve memory and sharpen senses. Kava Kava has been used for centuries in the South Pacific and research has been ongoing for nearly as long. Researchers are continuing to study Kava Kava's ability to reduce pain and to help reduce brain seizures. Kava Kava is available in tea and capsule forms. And although it is not habit-forming, it should not be taken in large doses.

Questions:

How much would be too much to drink every day?

From what I have read it can have side effects and it can impair one's driving ability if one have had too many cups a day.

Anyone uses kava on a regular basis?

Last edited:
That is a surprise!! Nobody ever heard/used Kava tea?

Where have all the tea-drinker gone??

Last edited:
Nope never heard of it. I'm a Green Tea Drinker. Sounds like it would be good for a late evening tea, but not one you would want to drink at work......unless you can Zzzzzzzzzzzz at work.

I saw something on TV about how in Hawaii they had to make a law about driving under the influence of Kava-Kava. It seems that there is a proliferation of Kava Tea bars, and people have been pulled over for driving erratically after one too many drinks at the Kava bar.

I'd like to get some because I am naturally high-strung and could use something to mellow me out, but I am wary of buying this stuff online. Any ideas how to get it from a reputable source?

I bought mine from Trader Joe store. I am sure you can find Kava tea at any health food store or GNC. I don't usually buy online stuff; I like to be out there and check out stuff with my own eyes.

Re: Be careful

frankenfurter said:
Just read this link on possible liver damage caused by kava:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15770-2002Mar25.html

There are no conclusive evidence yet

IF you read carefully you will find:
Herb experts say it's possible that if kava is dangerous, it might be only to certain people. That's because some of the European patients already had some liver damage before using kava or used alcohol or other known liver-harming substances in addition to the herb.

Botom line"If you are healthy and do not consume alcohol when you take Kava you should be OK.

Top Bottom