Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

grams protein per pound bodyweight

How many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you eat on a bulking cycle?

• < 1 gram/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 1 gram/pound

Votes: 58 22.1%
  • 1.5 grams/pound

Votes: 109 41.6%
  • 2 grams/pound

Votes: 51 19.5%
  • 2.5 grams/pound

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • 3 grams/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 3.5 grams/pound

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 4 grams/pound

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • > 4 grams/pound

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
Personally I've seen no added benefits from eating more than 300g of protein a day. I think is more important to eat consistently every day
Beyond that I rather eat good carbs and healthy fats to satisfy my caloric intake need rather than protein.

i eat 2-2.5 grams per pd of bw year round -- the only way to go.

look at all the beasty boys on this board and look what they have in common -- needsize, quadsweep, bigandy69, etc all eat a tonne of protien.... its the one thing they all have in common.

natties can probably stick with 1.5-2.0gr/lb

you guys do this year round no kidney problems? - screw it, I will too then. I was nervous about having more then 35-40g a meal x 5 meals a day. but I've noticed that (at 150lbs of lean mass, I'm not even going to post how much fat I have...) that is the only way for to add muscle, and it adds it quick too.

thanks guys.

when bulking I concentrate on good carbs rather than protein... in my opinion your body will only use the protein it needs and what it dont need it will store as fat or get rid of it as waste....i use to take in 2-3 grams of protein compared to now .8 to 1 gram per day and I have not seen any slow down in muscle gains or strength :)

Build Muscle Fast

huh. maybe I will try designing me a diet that much more lean with some solid carbs in it.

maybe it's a me thing but I notice that a diet high in protein from sources other then red beef tends to give me digestion issues in general. as long as I stick to beef my body loves that.

except in the most extreme cases the human body cannot process and utilize more than about 1.6 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Burn patients and wound healing patients need about 2 grams per pound. the average bodybuilder at the upper limits would utilize about 1.6 grams. I bet 90% of people on this board are WAYYYY over eating protein. Carbohydrates and fats should make up the majority of calories for someone not preparing to enter a bodybuilding contest.

except in the most extreme cases the human body cannot process and utilize more than about 1.6 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Burn patients and wound healing patients need about 2 grams per pound. the average bodybuilder at the upper limits would utilize about 1.6 grams. I bet 90% of people on this board are WAYYYY over eating protein. Carbohydrates and fats should make up the majority of calories for someone not preparing to enter a bodybuilding contest.

Agree 100% bro. 1.2-1.5g per pound is what I always aim for and is plenty. Any extra just causes undue kidney stress and ends up not used in the toilet

Agree 100% bro. 1.2-1.5g per pound is what I always aim for and is plenty. Any extra just causes undue kidney stress and ends up not used in the toilet

yes! and looking at your pics I'd say you have no problem gaining lean mass...and If I remember correctly you recently put up a 2x bodyweight bench. very impressive! looks like you don't need a ton of protein for strength OR mass!

yes! and looking at your pics I'd say you have no problem gaining lean mass...and If I remember correctly you recently put up a 2x bodyweight bench. very impressive! looks like you don't need a ton of protein for strength OR mass!

You are exactly right! 1-1.5x bodyweight is plenty and pretty much the limit of what your body can synthesize anyways. Anything over that will mostly be wasted and end up just going to the toilet

You are exactly right! 1-1.5x bodyweight is plenty and pretty much the limit of what your body can synthesize anyways. Anything over that will mostly be wasted and end up just going to the toilet

Unless on AAS, correct?

when bulking I concentrate on good carbs rather than protein... in my opinion your body will only use the protein it needs and what it dont need it will store as fat or get rid of it as waste....i use to take in 2-3 grams of protein compared to now .8 to 1 gram per day and I have not seen any slow down in muscle gains or strength :)

Build Muscle Fast

I agree good carbs are just as important as protein for building muscle.

Use code "Pimp20" at ntbm to save 20% and free shipping.

Top Bottom