Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

grams protein per pound bodyweight

How many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you eat on a bulking cycle?

• < 1 gram/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 1 gram/pound

Votes: 58 22.1%
  • 1.5 grams/pound

Votes: 109 41.6%
  • 2 grams/pound

Votes: 51 19.5%
  • 2.5 grams/pound

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • 3 grams/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 3.5 grams/pound

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 4 grams/pound

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • > 4 grams/pound

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
In the research I have done all recommend 1 gram per pound of your goal weight. Any more will be coverted to fat and hard on your kidneys.

In my opinion taking much more than that is more for mental benefits and not so much actual physical benefits. If you think you need 3 or 4 grams per pound then so be it..if it makes you think you will grow faster, you likely will. Weight lifting and body growth is obviously physical and mental..

I compare it to me taking a creatine capsule before lifting, probably isn't doing shit, but I think it is so I push hard to lift heavier, fool my brain into thinking I am strong.

IDK my 2 cents..

Eating more than 1.5 grams per pound actually made me gain fat faster while bulking. Cutting back on the protien kept me leaner. You have to watch how your body reacts.

If Juicing you can go 2 grams per pound or more.

Lots of variables in this question (Current weight, goals etc etc)

For me personally, I stick to 2-2.5g / lb

I call bullshit on whoever said >4grs pr lbs of bodyweight...that would would mean i would have to consume more than 800 grms of protein a day :worried:

I call bullshit on whoever said >4grs pr lbs of bodyweight...that would would mean i would have to consume more than 800 grms of protein a day :worried:

i have done 4g before. if i counted all the protein in nuts and bread i would still be at 4g. i personally find just over 3g to be my ideal target. but i did eat 4g through 2 cycles. i may be one of the ones who voted 4 i dont remember.

I think its important to know what your body can digest personally. We can set amounts based on bodyweight but its our digestive system that really is the boss here. If you are overally gasy or bloated you may very well be doing too much protein in your diet. Also add some bromelain to your diet as well to help the digestion and absorption. Fiber also helps the digestion process as well. And keep drinking the water.

guys need to find out what their macro's for each meal should be...and then eat that much each meal period.. and stop giving a shit if they are eating 800g of protein 1200 grams of carbs and 700g of fat...eat when you are hungry...stop counting..eat when hungry

<1g / lb body mass worked perfectly fine for me (that's approx. 200-250g max. of protein daily) when bulking up as a rugby prop forward.

I eat 1 gram per pound of lbm not total weight... I know people will think I'm crazy but I have no trouble gaining muscle with that number

Top Bottom