Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

grams protein per pound bodyweight

How many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you eat on a bulking cycle?

• < 1 gram/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 1 gram/pound

Votes: 58 22.1%
  • 1.5 grams/pound

Votes: 109 41.6%
  • 2 grams/pound

Votes: 51 19.5%
  • 2.5 grams/pound

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • 3 grams/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 3.5 grams/pound

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 4 grams/pound

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • > 4 grams/pound

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
Dial_tone said:
I bet i'm in the top 10% on this board and in 25+ years of lifting I can count on one hand the number of days I've had more than 300 grams of protein. I'm 5'8, 250 lbs and 39 yrs old.

% b.fat?

arnold even says in his encyclopedia (yes yes i know how everyone feels about it) that he took in 1-1.5g per pound to be on the safe side, but reccomended doing it using your LBM

Whacked said:

haven't measured in years - more than 14% and less than 20.

Dial_tone said:
I bet i'm in the top 10% on this board and in 25+ years of lifting I can count on one hand the number of days I've had more than 300 grams of protein. I'm 5'8, 250 lbs and 39 yrs old.

well, there will always be exceptions -- some can get away with less protien and make just the same gains due to genetics.

view said:
well, there will always be exceptions -- some can get away with less protien and make just the same gains due to genetics.

Yes , but your words were something to the effect of "person x , Person y and Person Z do it so it's the only way to go..."

That means that you have no idea where you fit in this. Don't base spending money and putting something in your body for the sole reason that someone else does it. That is thier diet. You need to find a diet and a workout routine that fits you.

Thanks for clearing up the math for us.
Personally I feel if you cannot calculate grams of protein per pound of body weight - you should start playing in traffic more often.

Just so I’m post actually contributes something - I take (let me see..I’m 220lbs and I take 400 grams of protein... so that’s 400 / 220 .... I take 1.8 grams/per

You sound like a dietition. Did you get that out of your local libraries text book section?

Dr. Peter Lemon, the worlds foremost authority on protien, has dispelled these BS rumors in numerous scientific publications.

The most simple way to figure out how much protien the body can absorb is this. Go ask a pro BB how much protien he takes in. Most likley he will tell you somewhere between 2.5-4gms/LB of body weight. Then ask him what would happen to his muscle mass if he only took the RDA. Bye Bye Mr. O title! That's what!

And it has everything to do with what type of training you're doing, what gear your on and so on and so forth.

Sorry if this sounds like a flame, it's not intended to be, but you need to do some more homework.

Do not apologize - you are correct.
If you ask a dietician how much protein you need they would tell you (well, to be honest, im not sure...) But the point is, it would be based on how much you need to SUSTAIN a healthy body. NOT how much you need to grow.

Last edited:

Top 10% thats a confident statement... lets see some pics bro..

Top Bottom