Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

grams protein per pound bodyweight

How many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you eat on a bulking cycle?

• < 1 gram/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 1 gram/pound

Votes: 58 22.1%
  • 1.5 grams/pound

Votes: 109 41.6%
  • 2 grams/pound

Votes: 51 19.5%
  • 2.5 grams/pound

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • 3 grams/pound

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 3.5 grams/pound

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 4 grams/pound

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • > 4 grams/pound

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
calveless wonder said:
I tend to believe most people overdo their protein intake. Using 1.5 grams per lb is very deceptive.

It should be per 1.5-2 grams per LBM, not per lb of bodyweight. Your bodyfat doesn't benefit from your protein intake, therefore it's pretty much useless to feed something that won't break down the aminos.
You're are RIGHT!!! LBM is WAY more important than bodyweight in calculating protein intake.

gjohnson5 said:
I hate to tell you but proteins can be converted to fat and stored. Infact your body has chemicals stored in fat not to mention what used to be your hard spent money on proteins. .

what are you talking about and what does that have anything to do with what i said?

Reactions: mcr
calveless wonder said:
what are you talking about and what does that have anything to do with what i said?

Go back and reread the statements. You should find the answer is quite simple.

calveless wonder said:
Your bodyfat doesn't benefit from your protein intake

Fact is that by over consuming protein your fat will be increased due to the fact the body will need to store some of it. In one point of view fat benifited from protein consumption as it increased.

I would also like to go over your formula of 1.5-2 grams/lb of LBM
A 200lb person and 6% = 188lb of LBM , so he by your formula would need to consume 282 - 376 grams of protein. This is also over consuming protein.

I could site a few hundred of them but this agrees with my point of view good enough
http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/foods/nf74.htm

StickFigure said:
What's that supposed to mean?? If you don't like the topic, don't post something as brainless as, "Not again!" Just plain don't post at all.

These forums are for info gathering purposes so don't dog someone for using the forums for what they were intended!

Don't get all emotional and sensitive. This issue has been beaten to death here over the years. If you did a search you would see that just the other week there was muliti page discussion about this. This topic is as unique as asking if you can drink winny.

Either way enjoy. Hope you find what you're looking for.

i eat 2-2.5 grams per pd of bw year round -- the only way to go.

look at all the beasty boys on this board and look what they have in common -- needsize, quadsweep, bigandy69, etc all eat a tonne of protien.... its the one thing they all have in common.

natties can probably stick with 1.5-2.0gr/lb

Whatever,
I'm not going to argue with success. If it works, then do it. But You also have to understand that putting something in your body because someone else does it makes no sense at all!

I just wish I had a graph of protein benifit where it would show the point at which eating mor protein give decreasing benifit and at this point has no benifit at all. Maybe I can find such a graph on the net....

gjohnson5 said:
Whatever,
I'm not going to argue with success. If it works, then do it. But You also have to understand that putting something in your body because someone else does it makes no sense at all!

I just wish I had a graph of protein benifit where it would show the point at which eating mor protein give decreasing benifit and at this point has no benifit at all. Maybe I can find such a graph on the net....

What progress have you managed to produce from smaller than "typical" protein intake? Just Curious.

Stats??

-Thanks

view said:
i eat 2-2.5 grams per pd of bw year round -- the only way to go.

look at all the beasty boys on this board and look what they have in common -- needsize, quadsweep, bigandy69, etc all eat a tonne of protien.... its the one thing they all have in common.

natties can probably stick with 1.5-2.0gr/lb

I bet i'm in the top 10% on this board and in 25+ years of lifting I can count on one hand the number of days I've had more than 300 grams of protein. I'm 5'8, 250 lbs and 39 yrs old.

Last edited:
Whacked said:
What progress have you managed to produce from smaller than "typical" protein intake? Just Curious.

Stats??

-Thanks

I like dialtone am around 250lb 5'9 and I have been experimenting with this idea of 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. I have done what the weight loss "gurus" say is good for losing weight
1. drop calories
2. drop fat and carbohydrate consumption
3. excersize

Those three in combination with a high protein diet (Does this sound just like soth beach? I haven't read the diet personally) have not produced any drastic results for me. Yohimburn has been somewhat successful for me , but this idea of chomping down large quantities of protein personally has not worked for me.

I cycle 8 different protein powders in the last say 5 months on top of regular meals.
1. isopure
2. nitrotech
3. mgf-2 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mg/mgf2.html
4. iso-agb
5. ON 100% whey
6. Now Foods soy protein Isolate 90% non-gmo
7. cytosport evopro (nighttime micellar casein)
8. ultimate Nutrition massive whey gainer http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/weight.html

If you want to waste your $$$ , then that's on you. I've been wasting mine in an experiment and the hypothesis is that it makes you hold onto fat and it lesses the $$$ in your bank account. It's made no real difference in terms of gains in the gym.

Top Bottom