Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good fats vs. bad fats

MilkManTU

I understand what good fats are and which ones are bad. Are bad fats more likely to store as fat than good ones? On the low carb diet im on im aiming for like around 30% fat. i was just wondering if i could enjoy some of this fat or does it all have to be flax and all of those good fats.

In my opinion the only really bad fat that needs to be completely eliminated is the partially hydrogenated stuff like margarine. They are unnatural and cause such a laundry list of problems I would need a book to tell you them all. If you eat natural saturated fats like butter and animal fat without going crazy on them you will be fine. Just read the labels on prepackaged stuff you buy and watch out for anything that has a lot of partially hydrogenated oils in it.

I realize I sound like a broken record with recommending this book but read Protein Power Lifeplan by Drs Mary and Michael Eades and you will wind up being a Rhodes Scholar on what is and is not healthy for you overall and why.

Last edited:
Dryloch said:
In my opinion the only really bad fat that needs to be completely eliminated is the partially hydrogenated stuff like margarine. They are unnatural and cause such a laundry list of problems I would need a book to tell you them all. If you eat natural saturated fats like butter and animal fat without going crazy on them you will be fine. Just read the labels on prepackaged stuff you buy and watch out for anything that has a lot of partially hydrogenated oils in it.

I realize I sound like a broken record with recommending this book but read Protein Power Lifeplan by Drs Mary and Michael Eades and you will wind up being a Rhodes Scholar on what is and is not healthy for you overall and why.

Would this include yogurt or vegetable oil based substitutes for butter?

I think the yogurt is fine. I would look for a sugar free kind or make your own. Buy plain yogurt and throw in your own berries or whatever just make sure they are not the kind in sugar syrup.

Let me explain why butter substitutes are a bad idea. Go look at a bottle of wesson oil. That is what vegetable oil is supposed to be like naturally. When you try and make it hard like butter the process turns it into a fat type that nature never intended. Your body tries to use it for making cell membranes among other things instead of the natural fat that people have been eating for thousands of years. This causes you to have weaker cell membranes then you should. It also has been shown that these fats lower your HDL(good) cholesterol and raise your triglycerides through the ROOF.
I have read tons of studies where people stop eating these kinds of fats and switch to supposedly unhealthy butter and they drop there triglyceride levels from 5 or 600 to under 100 in one month! Recent data has shown that more important then Total cholesterol is how high HDL is and how low your triglycerides are.

If you are still worried think of it this way. Mass general hospital in Boston had never heard of a heart attack until people started drinking Sodas and eating garbage white bread. Margarine just adds to it. Up until then people ate tons of fatty meats and butter and there were ZERO heart attacks reported at one of the biggest hospitals around at the time.

Last edited:
On the molecular level, what makes a good fat and a bad fat? Does it depend on the strength of the bonds between the carbons?

edit: Already read about just now

Last edited:
Top Bottom